Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are available in Q1. And that they blow the Tab out of the water spec wise.

The ONLY thing I think is good about the Tab right now is that it will bring a need for tablet app development so that once the "BOSS" tablets are released, there will actually be apps to back em.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are available in Q1. And that they blow the Tab out of the water spec wise.

The ONLY thing I think is good about the Tab right now is that it will bring a need for tablet app development so that once the "BOSS" tablets are released, there will actually be apps to back em.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
    That and the fact that it is real and available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I don't disagree with the tablet size at all, I think it's a pretty good size, but why are you releasing a tablet a month and a half prior to [what we assume will be] a plethora of new tablets that will, very likely, be much better in specs?

Just seems like they don't have much respect for their customers doing so. [Also seems like their customers aren't very smart ]

I mean, don't misunderstand, I could see not buying something because in a year from now it will be out of date [you'd never buy anything] ...but we're taking about a few months.
    It's simple really. Most consumers pay more attention to Best Buy (or whatever your favorite store) mailouts than they do to CES. Those long lines on Black Friday were not filled with people thinking "Hmmm...I hope the product I buy on sale today is not outdated when CES rolls around."
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Now what on earth would be the motivation for that? "Telling people" one thing but thinking another, or that you might be wrong?

Fans, and their investment in product labels (or anti-investment, as the case may be, such as criticizing a competing product) crack me up!

(Or maybe you have a *great* reason for doing this, like, you work for Samsung and are obligated to be an evangelist...? )
    I'm not talking about a brand of tablet but the SIZE of the tablet. I've held and played with an iPad and it was too big and too heavy for me. I look at my Kindle and am thinking that a tablet that size will be a perfect size. Then I read reviews, before the Galaxy Tab is released that a 7" tablet is not workable - having me doubting myself.

Now that the Galaxy Tab has been released and I've played with it, I can now say that a 7" tablet IS a very good size for a tablet.

So I'm looking at all 7" tablets. I have minumn requirements for defferent brands of tablets.

Android Tablets - Must have at least the Honeycomb version of Android.
    Blackberry Playbook - Must have full contact, email, and calendar support indepentently of being attached to a Blackberry phone. Email support must be Exchange, pop, and iMap.
    WebOS tablet - Must be 7" and have better PIM applications than it does on the WebOS phones

All the tablets must be LTE ready.
    Kudos to the OP for actually purchasing a non-iPad rather than just talking about it like most do. I am reminded of the HUGE demand for the HP Slate by all the Apple haters, yet only 9,000 humans actually attempted to buy one.

I am also reminded of the initial reaction to the iPad. Before everyone got on the "me too" train", they all declared the idea of a tablet to be stupid and too niche to matter. "It's just a big iPod!" they cried. In just a few short months, we've gone from there, to people declaring that they NEED a pad device

I also find it amusing that the 7" screen became the perfect size only after it was clear that getting a competitive 10" display was pretty near impossible at a decent price. Ah... what a difference a few short months make.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12