Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
       #1  
    Article from Surur, previously of this parish! I don't know how accurate the methodology is, but it doesn't look great for MS!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  2. #2  
    It's slow because Verizon is only interested in selling Android! <-- j/k
  3. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #3  
    WP7 has facebook built in how many people do you suppose never even downloaded the app hmm?

    Now lets also add in the people that do not use facebook.

    And now that chart is worth as much as looking at download count for the webos facebook app.
  4. #4  
    It should be slow. They've done little to highlight what is great about the OS as of yet. I like the "Really?" Commercials as a teaser, but now that the OS is launched, promotion should shift to showing how great Zune software and content is....apps like Associated Press...exclusive games...etc.
  5. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #5  
    The analysis is worthless because the methodology is so poor - the article actually leaves us none the wiser about w7 sales.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The analysis is worthless because the methodology is so poor - the article actually leaves us none the wiser about w7 sales.
    Not so worthless... You can't get actual numbers from this, but you can extrapolate with other platform's numbers, and take an idea.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Newness Developments apps:

  7. #7  
    I am wondering (very loudly) if people are scared off because of old WinMo phones still haunt them? Or the fact that every kid thinks that they need a Droid or iPhone to watch videos of their friends farting in each others faces then text about how sweet (and not gay) that was...


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  8. #8  
    This is a weak methodology.

    And not having one halo product and only being on T-Mobile and AT&T right now will hinder sales regardless.

    MS can survive a slow start if there is indeed one anyway. Thats usually how they operate.
  9. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Not so worthless... You can't get actual numbers from this, but you can extrapolate with other platform's numbers, and take an idea.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta

    For all we know, 90% of people using windows 7 phone are happy with the built-in Client and thus aren't bothering to download this. or it could be that the phone appeals to people who don't use facebook (for some reason we don't understand yet).

    I *think* W7 is struggling in the USA but I wouldn't like to say more than that on the data we have.
  10. #10  
    I can say, anecdotally, my AT&T store has sold as many WP7 phones this past weekend as iPhones. I think they're of to a fine start. Plus one of the selling points is that the contacts app does a respectable job of giving facebook users what they need most. Just my $0.02.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by thejesusegg View Post
    I can say, anecdotally, my AT&T store has sold as many WP7 phones this past weekend as iPhones. I think they're of to a fine start. Plus one of the selling points is that the contacts app does a respectable job of giving facebook users what they need most. Just my $0.02.
    but thats just the store you know of, im pretty sure some stores are selling well. I want to know what is the figures right now as a whole, because all I hear is sales are bad but no number. Apps arent selling but no number.
  12. #12  
    to me WMP7 should have had atleast one 4G phone ready on sprint this holiday season, and one model phone on Verizon. I think this would've helped them alot, even if their sales arent as bad as stated.
  13. #13  
    you all keep up with other phone sales then come talk about it on here.... Wow you guys are cool....FAIL ....
  14. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    you all keep up with other phone sales then come talk about it on here.... Wow you guys are cool....FAIL ....
    Don't come in cross platform threads expecting webos related info...
  15. #15  
    The "Really?" ads appeal to those who don't like us using our phones in front of them, but they are inaccurate to insinuate that all other phones require you to ignore the people you are with, and they don't. ANY phone needs you to actually Read what's on the screen to get more than a small notification from whatever app you are using. You might have to scroll through a few screens as well. WebOS has notifications, and Android has widgets, but to really get more info you need to get in the app. That requires judgment about if you can do so in a way that won't tick off those you are with. Sometimes you have to turn the phone off if the real-world interactions are more urgent/better than the virtual ones. WinFon7 doesn't change that.
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  16. #16  
    I wouldn't expect sales to be that great right now. It's version one. There's strong competition out there. What will make it a success is Microsoft, its partners, and what they bring (and will bring) to it.
  17. #17  
    IMO, the fact MS hasn't released any sales figures for the launch of WP7 isn't a good sign. I have no doubt the numbers will go up in 2011, but the launch seemed lackluster at best.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  18. #18  
    Facebook has brought this up in the past in regards to the Android vs iPhone numbers. They basically said to take the number with a grain of salt as it's not entirely accurate and updated infrequently.

    If I can find the article(s) that stated as such, I'll modify this post with the link.
  19. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    IMO, the fact MS hasn't released any sales figures for the launch of WP7 isn't a good sign. I have no doubt the numbers will go up in 2011, but the launch seemed lackluster at best.
    I'll hold my hand up and say I expected this to go better, maybe there isn't room for more than three (four in Europe) OSes?

    Microsoft have just spend a couple of $100 million on marketing and promotions (with more to come) to what appears to be little impact.
  20. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
       #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I'll hold my hand up and say I expected this to go better, maybe there isn't room for more than three (four in Europe) OSes?

    Microsoft have just spend a couple of $100 million on marketing and promotions (with more to come) to what appears to be little impact.
    I think the mistake was thinking MS would compete from version 1, month 1. The marketplace is not like it was when the iPhone launched, and it will take time for any new player to get any sort of market share. If MS persevere, listen and develop I'm sure they will be a significant player in 24 months time. But they must deal with the well documented shortcomings of WP7, as there are mature and feature-rich alternatives available.

    They clearly have the money for the long haul; do they have the patience and the balls for it?

    (Interestingly, much of the above applies to HP too, of course.)
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions