Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 91
  1. #21  
    I don't hate apple.
    -points to mac and ipod-
    personally, if apple wasn't there to create, and flunk, on a lot of their products, we as thrivers of the webOS community wouldn't have what we have today, you know?
  2. #22  
    I like Apple. My 17" MacBook Pro is the best and most reliable computer I've owned to date.

    Also, I recall this very community begging Palm to censor the App Catalog to block developers like Brighthouse Labs and Dijit. Ironic.
  3. #23  
    Hey, OP, maybe you can get the thread title changed to "At least we all agree that we don't hate Apple". ltm....
  4. #24  
    I Don't Hate Apple, I Think Their Products (Beside the iPhone) Are Great. I'm Just Not A Fan Of The iPhone Because Of How Boring The OS Is To Me.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta


    My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

    Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  5. #25  
    I love Apple. The iPhone is just not for me. I love my iPad and the multiple Macs I own.

    Apple can do whatever they want with their app store. It's theirs to do what they want. The OP acts like they have an obligation to please everyone. They don't.

    If their censorship is something their customers don't like then they won't buy their products. This is obviously not the case, since they are selling millions of iPhones and iPads each quarter.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  6. #26  
    I for one hate apple for their censorship and their basic point of views and ideas about how devices and tech should work. When I see someone has an iphone, ipad or itunes I immediately think less of them.

    I do give them some credit for being innovators in the market and driving competition. That means nothing when you see the example they are setting for other tech companies to follow. Thank god companies like Palm and HP see through all the bad qualities and don't try to emulate them.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I love Apple. The iPhone is just not for me. I love my iPad and the multiple Macs I own.

    Apple can do whatever they want with their app store. It's theirs to do what they want. The OP acts like they have an obligation to please everyone. They don't.

    If their censorship is something their customers don't like then they won't buy their products. This is obviously not the case, since they are selling millions of iPhones and iPads each quarter.
    -claps LOUDLY-
    opinions are opinions, and the OP has proven that.
    although, since apple has gained a HUGE amount of consumer base in the past 4 years for being..well...apple, they need not to change their strategy unless they really want to. in the end, apple is apple...so let them be apple.
  8. #28  
    I loathe Apple and his highness Jobs. That said, they can do what the like with THEIR app store. They make a good walled garden. The mouth breathing public feel safe there.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
  9. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    It's the same thing, especially now.
    What would happen if Google censored out webos out of their searches? Like you say its "proprietary and privately owned"

    Unacceptable.

    It really bothers me that so many of you people claim it doesn't bother you. My guess is its because they are censoring android.
    Well, if Google sensored anything from their search, I would be annoyed because I use their search a lot. But me being annoyed does not equal them having done anything ethically wrong. Google is not obligated in any capacity to provide me with good - or in fact any - search results. I humbly appreciate Google's offerings that I can use, but under no circumstaces do I mistakenly feel any sense of entitlement to use them if Google doesn't want me to.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    You find it acceptable to censor a marketplace because an app focuses on your competitor.

    Strongly disagree. Very, very strongly.

    The day censorship is allowed on the internet or anything related is the day this all ends.

    Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
    Don't confuse censorship with a business decision. If Apple chooses to not put something into their app store for whatever reason, it's a business decision, not censorship. If decisions like this hurt their business, then it's possible they'll learn a lesson by it. In the meantime, 300,000 apps with 7 billion downloads is a pretty compelling argument that they're doing it right so far.

    And you are censored on the internet every day. Just try and post profanity or personal attacks on this fine site and see how long it lasts. The point is, this site, like Apple's app store, is a private site in which you agree to follow the established rules or risk losing access. Your precious "non-censoring" internet is full of sites just like this one. Hopefully this will be your (seemingly painful) wakeup call to the real world. Do you wish you'd taken the Blue Pill now?
  11. #31  
    Personally, I'd rather have a stable system, over anything else. I've got to work and just want my system to work, so I can do so. Therefore, Apple it is!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Censorship of your app store?
    Pathetic...especially for this reason.

    Apple Bans Android Magazine From App Store | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

    Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

    OP you are putting your efforts and your emotions in the wrong direction. Hate is a very strong word, and it's lost on this thread.
  13. #33  
    i don't hate apple in the slightest. I've owned their products, been happy with them for the most part, and they are an exceptionally well run business. And i surely didn't buy a palm pre in an attempt to wage an anti apple crusade or make some anti-apple statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    You find it acceptable to censor a marketplace because an app focuses on your competitor.
    Apple is a private company. I find it acceptable for them to restrict anything from their app store they want to. Just the same as Amazon can refuse to sell a book about pedophilia. If they want to only allow apps about three legged gerbils it's their prerogative.
  14. #34  
    I don't hate Apple. I just don't appreciate their marketing or the fact that their products are always overpriced.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  15. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #35  
    What's to "hate" about a company whose products you are not required to buy or use? Perhaps "envy" is closer to the emotion the OP is feeling.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  16. #36  
    Apple is a monster company and has responsibilities a smaller company doesn't have. It's unacceptable imo
    * that they can kick out gadget from iTunes
    * that they control/censor what can be distributed on an iPhone
    * that they tried to oppress programming languagues (reversed upon pressure)
    * that they prohibit virtual machines (non-server)

    Once you become that pig you either have to behave or the government should split you up and/or enforce access. It's a pitty that the stupid? consumers don't put pressure on them, happily trade gold for freedom and defend a closed ecosystem.

    I don't hate apple (use an MBP) but they are idiots and not worth much respect.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by seb9345 View Post
    Apple is a monster company and has responsibilities a smaller company doesn't have. It's unacceptable imo
    * that they can kick out gadget from iTunes
    * that they control/censor what can be distributed on an iPhone
    * that they tried to oppress programming languagues (reversed upon pressure)
    * that they prohibit virtual machines (non-server)

    Once you become that pig you either have to behave or the government should split you up and/or enforce access. It's a pitty that the stupid? consumers don't put pressure on them, happily trade gold for freedom and defend a closed ecosystem.

    I don't hate apple (use an MBP) but they are idiots and not worth much respect.
    No offense but that sounds naive. Apple is a for profit business. It's only responsibility is to make it's shareholders money, to not release a product that is dangerous to the public, and not break any laws doing the first two. Nothing more. Those items you have starred are in no way part of their responsibility. They have no responsibility to let anything be sold on itunes. Itunes is their store and their creation. People are free to not use it if they don't want tp. They also have no responsibility to let anything be run on an iphone. It's their phone, their OS, their rules. You buy an xbox and alter it Microsoft will ban you from xbox live. No one is forced to use and apple phone. There are plenty of other phone options. Itunes is there companies invention and their they have every right to determine what can be sold in their own store the same way Palm has the right to say there's no Nanplayer in the catalog if it wants to or to offer certain apps only in certain countries or not at all in certain countries, as it does. And Palm has it's own guidelines for what can go into the app catalog and the language provides plenty of leeway for Palm to reject apps that it thinks does not "provide value to the user" Application Content Criteria €“ HP Palm Developer Center And the reality is it can reject an item for whatever reason it wants to even if it's not on that list cause these aren't some binding set of laws. It's Palm's guidelines and they are free to change them whenever they want to for no reason whatsoever. And every company can do the same. Honestly, Apple sells products phone to people in every corner of the world and has ridiculously high customer satisfaction. Do you really think that's because everyone on the entire planet is stupid? I, however do find it marginally humorous that you call the consumers of apple products stupid then say you use a MBP. Entirely too much time is wasted on hating Apple and hating companies in general. I prefer Coke to Pepsi. I don't hate Pepsi though. I just don't buy Pepsi.

    Companies get split because their existence as a whole creates a monopoly that makes competition impossible and thus harms the consumer. Take the Standard Oil break up. They controlled 90% of the oil refining market and were able to start taking over other industries like, steel, meat packing, and running the rail roads. They could force prices on everyone. They bought out other companies and destroyed them. They undercut prices. They forced people to sign exorbitant long term deals cause they were the only game in town. That's a monopoly. Apple has no such monopoly in any market it competes in. Its not 90% of the cell phone market, or computers markets, or, music sales. It's products are in no way preventing others from competing in their respective markets. There's Zunes, and Samsungs phones and computers, Android phones, and HP laptops. There are windows O.S. and Amazon mp3 stores. There's Netflix dvd rentals, and Popcorn Hour media streamers. And the stuff you've mentioned doesn't remotely rise to the level of price gouging, coercion, and anti-competitive activity needed for split a company. Besides that fact that splitting companies is extremely rare it's not remotely warranted in Apple's case.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 11/29/2010 at 06:07 AM.
  18. #38  
    @blackmagic01 Bien dicho!
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by seb9345 View Post
    It's a pitty that the stupid? consumers...
    Some of the smartest people I know use Apple products. What's with the "if you use Apple you are stupid" attitude that people have?
  20. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Some of the smartest people I know use Apple products. What's with the "if you use Apple you are stupid" attitude that people have?
    Baffles me as well, seems to a meme that em.. stupid people have bought into.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions