Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I keep hearing that the pre 2 is not a worthy smart phone yet the droid pro is getting good reviews. When you compare them, they have the same screen size and resolutions. Similar processors at 1ghz. Only main difference is the Pre 2 has a kick *** operating system. Where is the justice?
    It's favoritism and the Pre name has a bad reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    It's favoritism and the Pre name has a bad reputation.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  4.    #4  
    To be honest I would be satisfied with a pre 2 on sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    I keep hearing that the pre 2 is not a worthy smart phone yet the droid pro is getting good reviews. When you compare them, they have the same screen size and resolutions. Similar processors at 1ghz. Only main difference is the Pre 2 has a kick *** operating system. Where is the justice?
    The Droid Pro has 1 spec that completely blows away the Pre 2: it's available.
    that's the best spec of all!

Lets not forget the more mature OS and app catalog.
    yeah that too.
    but we here on precentral only care about the pre.
    I agree that the Pre 2 is getting unfairly trashed because it's only a minor upgrade over the Pre/Pre+. If you compare the specs, it stacks up pretty well to what's out there. The major drawback is the screen is still pretty small and lo-res ... but I think they just wanted to keep the form factor (which a lot of folks like).

I also agree that it's taking them a long time to get a fairly minor upgrade to market. The merger with HP has hurt them in the short term here (Ruby said so) ... this should have been available already a couple of months ago. Also, no word from Sprint (the original Pre carrier) has got to hurt.
    Pre 2 is trashed because its not a big change from Pre/Pre+

Droid Pro is a phone with exposed vertical keyboard that expand the Motorola Droid product line.

Droid Pro is praised because its only one of the products from Motorola and it doesn't need to be top of the line.

Pre 2 is trashed because it is top of the line from HPalm, and it should be top notch and stand shoulder to shoulder with iPhone 4 and EVO. Except it doesn't.
    bad marketing. lack of hardware choices and software support.

both have close specs and both arent selling well
    last time I checked, front camera, high density display, larger battery are products of 2009-2010. Futuristic for a company live in a cave for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I know right? Shame both Palm and M$ are releasing all these low end phones. They should definitely both be using those vaporware chipsets from the future. Then they could compete!

[url]

/smh
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    A kick *** operating system yet it barely has any decent applications and cannot do basic tasks.
    like what ....multi task without a task manger by chance?

Not only did we get angry birds before you (asuming your are a android user). The Developer's of it are not ****ed over our fragmentation. Some would argue that webOS is hands down a better gaming platform than android, but i will let them do that and ill just keep looking stary eyed to the future of Enyo and tablets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Not only did we get angry birds before you
    So are you willing to say iOS is better than webOS since it got Angry Birds before webOS?
    You do realize that "needing a task manager" is not a truthful statement, don't you? One does not need a task manager to multitask on Android. In fact, task managers are discouraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    The Droid Pro has 1 spec that completely blows away the Pre 2: it's available.
    Where I sign??

What do you have to remember is: The Web OS is closed to... how? Eight countries?

When the H/Palm begin to spread to all world AND invest in ads, everything can to change. Until there...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts

Not only did we get angry birds before you (asuming your are a android user). The Developer's of it are not ****ed over our fragmentation. Some would argue that webOS is hands down a better gaming platform than android, but i will let them do that and ill just keep looking stary eyed to the future of Enyo and tablets.
    Fragmentation webos has no room to talk anymore.

Mexico pres are still on 1.4.0.
    Pre and Pixi's are still on 1.4.5
    And pre 2's are on 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 so webos atm is just as fragment as android(1.5,1.6,2.1,2.2)

So if you want to wave that fragmentation finger around go ahead just make sure you swing it back around to point at webos too along with its fragmented app store.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    yeah that too.
    but we here on precentral only care about the pre.
    And that's exactly the point, nobody else cares or desires to own a Pre 2 except here on precentral.
    Last edited by kinster02; 11/23/2010 at 11:58 AM.
    Good thing its easy to get ROMS onto your android devices.

The people who really care about what version of android they have will be inclined to update to the version they really want.

I just haven't seen the average person give a crap.
    ...i must have been on to something to get all those responses
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast