Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My 18-month-old, 2nd generation iPod Touch can't run AirPlay or AirPrint after I upgraded it to iOS 4.2 yesterday. It won't multi-task either. Apple really needs to do something about this fragmentation problem of theirs.

My 12-month-old original Droid, on the other hand, runs Angry Birds like a champ. Luckily, I didn't purchase a cheap, underpowered Android hoping it would somehow stay relevant indefinitely.
    Thats what i'm saying. Is fragmentation some serous issue with PCs? No because if people want something they will own the hardware that runs it. If they don't have it.....they move on.

Again, tech websites are the only people who care about fragmentation currently.

Can it get worse? Sure.....but its so overblown its comical at this point.
    Fragmentation: The myth, the legend, the spin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Thats what i'm saying. Is fragmentation some serous issue with PCs? No because if people want something they will own the hardware that runs it. If they don't have it.....they move on.

Again, tech websites are the only people who care about fragmentation currently.

Can it get worse? Sure.....but its so overblown its comical at this point.
    It might be time to have minimum "System Requirements" for smartphone apps. On all platforms.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I agree there. With the pace new smartphones come out it needs to be.

Though its promising to see the low end phones now are 600Mhz.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12