1.    #1  
    So my friend sent this proublly to annoy me Android 2.3/3.0 Update to Gingerbread Features Revealed - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS

apparently the new android 3.0 will get a Graphic redesign by Matia Duarte who created the face of webOS for the Palm Pre what do you guys think..? he did a great job with webOS i think he may do good on android too
    this dude =o he helped make the sidekick first then palm and now android you should xpect something amazing to come to android for once

im expected to get trolled for putting this T.T
    Last edited by shyam101; 11/18/2010 at 05:58 PM.
    I just hope Android doesn't become a WebOS-lookalike like some other OS's *ahem*Playbook*ahem*.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I just hope Android doesn't become a WebOS-lookalike like some other OS's *ahem*Playbook*ahem*.
    lol im shure google wont allow it to be a copy since its already a good phone OS android and also RIM should be sued i mean srsly just becuase there losing the smartphone wars
    I believe that the UI re-design will be in Honeycomb (Android 3.0). I believe that Google removed the UI re-design from Gingerbread when Matia Duarte was hired. That's why Gingerbread, which was originally Android 3.0 is now Android 2.3.

Edit: I believe that the new Android UI will be based on the Bumptop application that Google brought in the Spring.

Here's a video of the Bumptop app:

I don't think that Google will use the walls highlighted in the video.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
    Oh... I never knew that. It makes sense though. In that case, I'm looking forward to Honeycomb lol
    wrong... honeycomb is for tablets only =/
  6.    #6  
    the new android UI that he said above bumbtop? I doub itll be like that a phone will not be able to allow that
    Oh... I never knew that. It makes sense though. In that case, I'm looking forward to Honeycomb lol
    Honeycomb will is rumored to be released Q1 of 2011 appearing first on the 7" Android tablet by Motorola - Stingray. The rumored release date is February.

Honeycomb will also appear on phones.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by shyam101 View Post
    wrong... honeycomb is for tablets only =/
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Honeycomb will is rumored to be released Q1 of 2011 appearing first on the 7" Android tablet by Motorola - Stingray. The rumored release date is February.

Honeycomb will also appear on phones.
    honeycomb is android tablets only even XDA knows that

it was said at the CES as well
  9.    #9  
    Isn't one of Palm's codenames for future devices also "stingray"?
    might be mixing it up by accident the info
    honeycomb is android tablets only even XDA knows that

it was said at the CES as well
    That article does not say that it is a tablet ONLY version of Android. It is saying that it will appear FIRST on tablets.

Everything I'm reading is saying that Honeycomb will be the first Android version OPTIMIZED for tablets. I'm also reading that the rumored name for the Android version after Honeycomb will be Ice Cream.
  11.    #11  
    That article does not say that it is a tablet ONLY version of Android. It is saying that it will appear FIRST on tablets.

Everything I'm reading is saying that Honeycomb will be the first Android version OPTIMIZED for tablets. I'm also reading that the rumored name for the Android version after Honeycomb will be Ice Cream.
    first let gingerbread , honeycomb(tablets only) and your ice cream to come

honeycomb is only tablets im a dev in XDA i know
    might be mixing it up by accident the info
    No mixup on the name. If you Google Motorola Stingray, you get tons have hits. Some of the article say it will be a 10" tablet others say it will be a 7" tablet. The most recent articles are saying it will be a 7" tablet.
    first let gingerbread , honeycomb(tablets only) and your ice cream to come

honeycomb is only tablets im a dev in XDA i know
    Will Ice Cream be where Google merge gingerbread and honeycomb?
    Last edited by slbailey1; 11/18/2010 at 07:49 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Will Ice Cream be were Google merge gingerbread and honeycomb?
    were?
    were?
    where
    Odd he could not transpose that considering the previous grammar used in this thread!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    jelly beans!