Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Was checking out the LG Optimus and for the price and features seems to match up well with the Palm pre and possibly the Pre 2.

Keep in mind this is marketed as a "starter" smartphone which goes to prove how fast the smartphone market is evolving.

The HP Pre 2 will have a tough time gaining traction considering it more than likely will be priced at $199 compared to the Optimus at $50

Sure the Pre 2 will have a faster processor and webOS 2 but there is no way the masses will differentiate and justify the price.

HP listen up.....you need a new form factor released NOW!!!!!
    (some time next year is not cutting it!)
    LG Optimus S and teh cerizon variant both have the same processor as a PALM PIXI i.e. ARM11, it does not compare to TI3430 let alone Ti3630 in the PRe2.

It is a starter phone just as Pixi is a starter phone. PRe and the Plus variant both are BETTER phones. If Plus can be had for the same price as Optimus then it is better to get Pre plus.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    LG Optimus S and teh cerizon variant both have the same processor as a PALM PIXI i.e. ARM11, it does not compare to TI3430 let alone Ti3630 in the PRe2.

It is a starter phone just as Pixi is a starter phone. PRe and the Plus variant both are BETTER phones. If Plus can be had for the same price as Optimus then it is better to get Pre plus.

Joe consumer doesn't care about which cpu arm11/cortex a8 is in the phone they look at screen size/ features/ price/ who do they know that has one etc. They do care that it might have a cortex A8 TI3430 cpu that is faster than the Arm11.

When someone walks in and goes I need a new phone and they are coming from a dumb phone the $200 pre2 or w/e palm brings to the table is not all that grand compared to the $50 phone with more(minus the cpu) its as simple as that.