1.    #1  
    Say you have had your pre since launch and now you want a new phone. You were given enough $$ to buy any phone you want. What phone would you buy. Or would you wait a bit longer for a phone that isnt out yet and what phone would that be? And it has to be through Sprint.
    does it have to go with a contract renewal? or can you save your upgrade?
    If I could buy any phone in the world and my Pre had died and I couldn't get it fix or replaced right now I'd go with the Epic. Because I could buy it out right it wouldn't affected my 'upgrade' and that way when the new WebOS phone came out I could get it with my upgrade and then sell the Epic to pay for the upgrade.
    I picked up the Epic 4G on Monday, and haven't looked back at my Pre since.

I'll wait and see if anything worthwhile with webOS happens. The way things are going, it will be second quarter next year at the earliest before something awesome is out, and if that does in fact happen then I can just switch back.

In the mean time, my kids are playing on my old Pre. They love angry birds... I just keep the wifi on....
    That would be a tough decision if you're a fan of multiple devices. The pre 2 isn't available on sprint... So, since you have to ask this question, then I feel like you want something a little different. I would suggest the "The HTC EVO"
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I would suggest the "The HTC EVO"
    What?!?!?!!?!?!???!?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post

The Amosu Ultimo Diamond is touted to be the most expensive iPhone in the world, retailing for a whopping $177,300. This high price tag is a reality no thanks to the 1,179 diamonds encrusted all over, weighing 16.18 carats. Since you're already forking out such a huge amount of dough for it, each purchase will come with access to the international all-day VIP-service Concierge (VIP International Concierge Service) for a year. After that, you can slowly peel off those diamonds and think up of 1,179 ways to propose to your girlfriend.
    Dang, you beat me to it. I had just seen something on this. I was thinking take the money, buy the phone, sell the phone. Switch to either an EVO or an Epic now, and then wait and see what HPalm anounces and buy one of each of the next "high end" phones that come out on Sprint. I figure with the $177,000, invested properly, I could afford a $1000 a month for cell phone plans for about 20 - 25 years (still purchasing each newly announced high-end device).

If anyone wants the hand-me-downs that I don't like, just let me know...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post

The Amosu Ultimo Diamond is touted to be the most expensive iPhone in the world, retailing for a whopping $177,300. This high price tag is a reality no thanks to the 1,179 diamonds encrusted all over, weighing 16.18 carats. Since you're already forking out such a huge amount of dough for it, each purchase will come with access to the international all-day VIP-service Concierge (VIP International Concierge Service) for a year. After that, you can slowly peel off those diamonds and think up of 1,179 ways to propose to your girlfriend.
    Funny, yes, but not what i meant, I wanted the EVO when it came out, i passed on it, now its been out for a while and i am glad I did. The epic looks like something that I could get into, but these phones would be like buying the pre. first runs tend to fail, need a ton of updates and have a ton of bugs.(not saying that pre was a fail but there could have been a lot more to offer. Thank god for our home brew dev's.) The EVO has been out long enough to be bug free and it still has a lot of bugs. I dont know what "bugs" the epic has. I have been using my pre with cracked usb, no speaker and random restarts for one to many days now. I need something else and its not going to be a palm....I dont think.
    I would consider the EVO 2, but I am not sure when that will be out. Or if one is in the making. I head the Sprint will have a touch screen BB. I might look into that....

Is there anything coming out that I should wait for?
    Last edited by ProCision; 11/17/2010 at 06:36 PM.
    An Evo 2 since my Evo has been totally bug free.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I would suggest the "The HTC EVO"
    Did anyone else feel a slight earth tremor this afternoon?

I am dramatically faster typing on my EVO with the SwiftKey Keyboard than on my Pre. It predicts my next word before I can type it. And the speech to text is amazingly accurate.

- Craig
    I'd upgrade my Pre to a plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    An Evo 2 since my Evo has been totally bug free.
    Seriously. Maybe i was used to a first run device but man, its been a joy not to worry about rebooting or any wonky hardware behavior.

Only thing that sucks are when people make crappy apps that drain battery for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    Say you have had your pre since launch and now you want a new phone. You were given enough $$ to buy any phone you want. What phone would you buy. Or would you wait a bit longer for a phone that isnt out yet and what phone would that be? And it has to be through Sprint.
    Would hold on to the $$ hoping for a Pre 2 or better webOS device on Sprint.

(Unless my Pre-minus bites the dust, then I'd be faced with a new set of problems).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  14.    #14  
    HTC Sabor..... if its real. I read reports that its fake and reports that it will be out be the end of the year or early next year.

That will be my next phone.