1.    #1  
    In browser editing of Google docs for Android and IOS devices.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/17/g...obile-editing/

Sfm Evo
    Last edited by kinster02; 12/03/2010 at 12:01 AM.
    Just tried, editing also works in webOS, but very basic.

I vaguely recall it's been like this for some time.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I couldn't get it to work. Toni maybe you could explain how you got it to work for you.
    Open a doc in Google Docs (I opened a Sheet), tap on the individual cells, and you can edit individually.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Open a doc in Google Docs (I opened a Sheet), tap on the individual cells, and you can edit individually.
    I believe spreadsheets have been editable for a while now (on various platforms). What they're adding is editing of other types of files (doc, for example), but I believe only for Android 2.2 (and newer) and IOS devices.
    I was confused also.
    Got excited when I edited a spreadsheet, but then tried a text document and failed...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Once again, where is the love from Google?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Any chance this is hackable? Our browser should support this. Has anyone tried this with the iphone browser tweak?
    Bump

Anyone tried this out with the iPhone spoof?
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 12/02/2010 at 07:22 PM.
    No way to spoof Androids browser?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Tried the iphone tweak (through WOSQI) last night.

The tweak was definitely active since mobile youtube was broken and asking for safari plug-ins.

Google was apparently (and unfortunately) not fooled...no edit capability as far as I can tell.

Google instant didn't work either.
    Tips & Tricks: More options for mobile editing on the the iPad - Official Google Docs Blog

I got the editing to work on my Pre by loading a text doc from the Desktop site. The document loaded with mobile view but I pasted &mobileoverride=true to the end of the url and hit enter. I saw the Desktop version after that and was able to edit the text document I had open.

I originally tried doing the same thing starting from the Mobile site but it didn't work for me, it just displayed the contents of the text file with nothing else and it was not editable.

I also tried the same thing on my iPod touch. It loaded the Desktop version of the file but wouldn't do anything else. It just kind of sat there and stared at me when I tried to place the cursor in the document.
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 12/10/2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Added iTouch info.