Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know if the word outdated is appropriate for these smartphones nowadays, considering what most are capable of. Do you think a year old phone is considered outdated...if yes, why?
    Yes, Rush, the Pre is outdated.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    ROFL
    I have taking good care of my pre and it is in great shape,but, my 6 yr old has toy phones that are built better then this.
  6.    #6  
    ...then the evo is next in line, plus others.

I need explanation on why you think a year old phone is considered outdated.. Care to step up to the plate?
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I need explanation on why you think a year old phone is considered outdated.. Care to step up to the plate?
    No, not really.
    by the time any new HP phones come out this phone will be pushing 2 years old. CES is Jan... phones 3-6 months after that..

Does it still work great and do email and txt's pretty darn good... yes.. is it starting to 'slow down' a little bit as we put more and more info into it? yes... mail is taking a little longer to open up these days... and i'm overclocked. That being said.. this phone would be fine for another year... BUT look at what happened to Palm? they became kings and decided to collect and collect but never make product better and innovate. Soooo, with the pace of everything today... inovate is king sit around = death by lack of app that changes my voice and makes me laugh.
    thats a hard question, to me in terms of hardware and specs yes phones like the pre is outdated compared to the current market of smartphones. Though to me the question should really be to yourself, does your phone still perform for you in a acceptable manner. Does your phone do everything you need it to do? To me IMO of course I baby phones and I have a launch day pre, which is almost perfect condition. I dont have knicks scratches, dings, the only issue I may have is the usb door coming off a bit. Though I can do everything on my phone that I need, so to me my phone is not outdated. You can get cought up with the joneses and buy a new device every year, which is nothing wrong with that. Just to me don't upgrade just because theres something new, and you can get it.
  10.    #10  
    No, not really.
    That figures --
    I think it depends on your os of choice. Androids seem to get outdated every 3 to 4 months (when I say outdated it means I would not consider buying it) ios phones every 6 to 8 months and I would say that I would have still bought a pre at 12 months. It really just depends on how quick they pop out phones.
    Just like a computer, after announcement, by the time you're able to buy it and use it......it's outdated. And as soon as you activate it, it looses resale value. Welcome to the world of high priced products!
    Smartphones are like computers they are outdated the second time you turn them on.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    The Pre/Plus is outdated. Why? Because the Pre2 exists.

Pre2: Same phone, better specs, hardware, and software.
    I think yes, the stock pre is outdated only because of speed. But, if you overclock we are right on par with todays smartphones. We were ahead for awhile too. I love my pre running uberkernel.
    A phone running at 1ghs wont be outdated for at least 12 months.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The Pre/Plus is outdated. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If you have to ask, it's outdated.
    ROFL, it's like this stuff just writes itself.
    A phone is outdated when it can't perform the tasks a user wants it to perform.

Some phones are outdated out-of-the-box (**cough**Pre2**cough**).

Some phones are usable for years after their release (**cough**Treo 650**cough**)
    On a personal level, it's irrelevant. I have an outdated desktop (Core2Duo 1.86ghz, 2GB of RAM, Win XP) as our main computer, but it works just fine for what we need. I have an outdated netbook as well (Atom N270, Nvidia Ion 1, 2GB of RAM). I don't need to play Chrysis or do heavy pro-level Photoshop rendering, so we're fine.

If the Pre still works for you, enjoy the hell out of it.

But that's a personal level. Professionally, in terms of the health of the companies making the products I use, it's a different story.
    If you have to modify it to keep up, it's outdated.
    If you have to make excuses as to why it should be considered current, it's outdated.
    You might be an outdated device if...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast