• Yes

8 12.90%
  • No

44 70.97%
  • Yes with intention of jumping back to WebOS once new handsets appear

10 16.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    The Pre is more Salisbury than prime rib.
    Seriously.
    If it is good enough for the in flight meal, it is good enough for me.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I just received the HTC EVO two days ago. My Pre was accidentally dropped and damaged beyond repair per the Geek Squad. Since Best Buy no longer has the Pre in stock, I could use the $200 credit to choose any Sprint phone (with no change in contract). Therefore I selected the EVO.

CES is only 49 days from now - not a long time. I would wait to see what Rubinstein has to say.

From Rahul Sood's blog: “I'm confident that even the defectors of the webOS community will be back once they see the breadth of product coming out of HP in the future.”
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I think android moves so fast, you'll never really keep up with the change. The evo is old news right now in my opinion.

I'd rather wait for something from apple, webos or wp7 with a little bit longer life expectancy than something from android.
    I will never understand why people feel the need to act like a child and say I am taking my new toy and going home. Who really cares accept you?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I salute you & gladly join the exodus. Although, I'm giving palm till January 6th to impress me.
    What If Something Better Comes Out When The Evo Drops To 100 Dollars? Will You Start A New Poll?

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    The Pre is more Salisbury than prime rib.
    Seriously.
    I LOVE Salisbury!

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    well my evo will arrive in a few hours. I rather use a 6 month old device while I am waiting for the great kryptoneion device then a 2 yr old device. When that phone arrives on sprint,ill be first in line.
    this. but a few more hours. tomorrow. i've been using it in stores for a while (probably a total of 25 hours or so since it came out), and reading all i can on the evo, and while i think it'll be okay until my next upgrade, i have to admit that there seem to be some things about it that just seem... idk, ********, compared to webOS. time will tell, as i don't actually have the device yet. i'm more than a little sad that taking a screenshot will most likely require rooting, though i was probably going to after a couple weeks anyway.

at any rate, i'm not super excited about the switch, but my most recent pre has the issue where i have to press on the usb port to get the touchscreen to work. many, many times a day. uprade eligibility, $150 price, and my quarterly bonus, tied in with my most recent failing pre hardware, just kind of created a perfect storm. i know evo's not the baddest phone anymore. but it should have solid hardware, and it seems nice for the price.

i hope palm releases something desirable asap. i have been meaning to add a line for my brother, and i've been holding out for webOS goodness. as soon as it's here, my bro gets the evo, and i'm back with the deliciousness we all know and love.

lol. and i know you all love these kind of posts.

just wanted to make sure it's understood that this isn't one of those "i hate hp/palm/webOS/all of you" type posts. it is actually with some amount of sadness and apprehension that i make this switch. it is 100% a harware issue, and i probably would have gotten a pre2 if it was an option for me.
    Last edited by igobytony; 11/17/2010 at 01:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    What does that consist of these days, a bag of peanuts?!
    I'll move to the EVO when someone hacks webOS onto it.
    I turned in my Pre last night for the EVO. The Pre was fun while it lasted by I am tired of waiting while others get to enjoy what we 'expect' to have in the future. For me, the future is now. Now I have 10's of thousands of apps, an 8mp camera, a HD 720p video cam with HDMI connectivity, Flash, super fast 4g speeds, large screen, etc, etc, etc.

That said, MANY thanks to all the Mods / Developers that kept the Pre exciting and fun to use! Without you guys I would have turned in the Pre a long time ago. Farewell.
    zmann and igobytony......good posts.....it is what it is, and you have something new to play with for awhile......so much for productivity for the next 3 months while you figure them out huh?

mattj.....let us know how many apps you ACTUALLY have, not how many the catalog has, in a week or two, then maybe let us know, how many of those apps you ACTUALLY use. I'm just wondering is all....there might only be about 5,000 apps for the Pre's/Pixi's but to be perfectly honest with you, there's probably only 10 apps (that didn't come with the phone) that I use on a consistant basis, and I probably have close to the 150 mark as far as downloaded apps. Enjoy your new phone.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    no evo no evo no evo no evo no evo !!!!! Ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    I will never understand why people feel the need to act like a child and say I am taking my new toy and going home. Who really cares accept you?
    X1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. I not even close to being a tech guy and am sooooo glad if this is how all the geeks are, geee, just haul ****.

Do we need a new thread, poll, etc daily about everything but Palm phones? We all know to expect all the info we need around CES and new devices in 2011, so I just LEAVE.

I was really glad to find this site after purchasing my Pre and doing a google search, it was VERY helpful and still is today, but I at times think many here are more so trolls or just flatout dont understand how business works. Palm was DEAD, then rescued by HP, which has said early 2011 will be the start of whats to come.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Everything about the Evo is pretty much ancient now.
    I don't get this.

The Evo is a pretty sweet device...for last summer...

Why would you wait til it's a generation out of date [about a month or two from now] simply to save $50?
    You probably spend twice that a month for the cell service.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Now that it has become clear there will be no new web device coming until some time next year all I'm waiting for now is the EVO to drop under $100 bucks and I'm out of here.
    Who's with me?
    Will that Evo have WebOS on it?

Pass......
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Personally, if I wanted a tablet then I'd buy a real tablet instead of a phone/tablet hybrid!
    QUOTE=ChickenMan;2762630]By the time the Evo is $99, there's gonna be a way better (dual core, better cameras, etc) phone for Sprint out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it won't be under $100... Evo 2 I hope.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast