1.    #1  
    So the first CDMA Windows Phone 7 is apparently going to be available for pre-order in a few weeks. It's only going to be available on Sprint.

HTC 7 Pro Windows Phone 7 Headed To Sprint December 8th? | Geeky Gadgets
    It looks vaguely like the HTC Tilt sold on AT&T a few years back. I wonder if HTC is recycling their old WM hardware designs into WP7 hardware designs?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    It looks vaguely like the HTC Tilt sold on AT&T a few years back. I wonder if HTC is recycling their old WM hardware designs into WP7 hardware designs?
    If it's as solid as the WP7 devices I played with on Friday it will be a great device.
    I actually played with one of these last week. I also got to mess with that smaller version of the Samsung Epic coming out (can't recall the name, was only told the name used internally and I can't recall that either... I don't recall reading much about this phone on engadget either, but it was snappy, just seemed like a smaller Epic, seemed to make a lot more sense as a phone.).

Obviously, I had never used Windows Phone 7 before, but I've been reading about it and keeping up with all the phone reviews and such.

What stood out was how snappy the thing was. Very speedy. The graphics, which seem simple, are really pretty elegant. Everything seems much more fluid and less clunky in comparison to Android. The on-screen keyboard was fantastic.

The flip out keyboard is awkward to close because you have to push it down from the top before it will slide back down. If that make sense? But it also felt good. I am not a huge fan of sliders, especially landscape sliders, but the size of this phone was fantastic. Not too big, not too small. Build quality seemed as good as any phone I've ever seen, very solid. Heavy, too.

The downsides? A total lack of multitasking and copy and paste (yeah yeah, this is coming?). Some of the text that rolls off the screen is a little odd. It is also very irritating that the search button's function changes depending on the program/menu/screen you're on. The functions of buttons change depending on the program and this is very unintuitive and irritating. I also cannot get used to Bing.

So, for a new OS, its amazing. I think if Microsoft can figure out a way to get the thing to multitask in an efficient way, it has tremendous potential. But... WebOS with similar hardware? THAT would be tremendous. Still sticking to my Pixi.