Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just saw this on Engadget... Will Hp/Palm really come out with a device that's revolutionary ? Or is the competition to far ahead? Leaks/rumors like these really make me hope Hp has something amazing cooking... Or web os may be doomed... http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/11/exclusive-samsung-flagship-phone-with-gingerbread-and-huge-di/
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Fake phone with laughably bad photoshop UI. The nexus S is an actual Samsung device that will compete with straight google experience. That other phone is like a "blockberry"...
    I think H/P will never be able to keep up with Samsung, they may reach close to HTC/Motorola but will NEVER surpass either three in hardware qualities.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  4.    #4  
    Point is were goin to see alot of high end smartphones within the 1st 6 months of 2011 from WP7 to android devices from samsung,htc and more. dual core proc.and 1080p are near as well... And sharps 3D (glasses-free) displays... So question remains will we see revolutionary hardware from Hp that will almost make ppl switch or will they jus keep releasing up to date hardware that's outdated few months later?
    I think they will try for a superphone but it will come out like pre-2
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    unfortunately I think your right. We havnt seen the fruits of hp+palm yet, but they don't appear to be in a rush either.

but to be significant in the android/wp7 flood, they'd have to release something amazing.
    The flood of Android devices will only help Palm and WebOS.

Come Mid 2011, people are going to be sick of Android. Its gonna be so passe on so many devices.

They are flooding the market. The exclusivity of the iPhone is what keeps it so popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

Come Mid 2011, people are going to be sick of Android. Its gonna be so passe on so many devices.

They are flooding the market. The exclusivity of the iPhone is what keeps it so popular.
    Yup. Keep telling yourself that man.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html

I think this is some what true. Many of my android using friends express their frustration when the get the brand new "it" android phone then there is a new one Two weeks later. This is one of the reasons I refuse to go android. I don't really expect HP/Palm to introduce anything mind blowing, just something that will compete. I would love a pre 2 with a bigger screen and a better camera!
    FacePalm. Their done.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post

The idea that HPalm is going to launch one or more superphones next year that will wow everyone is highly suspect. First of all, HP has never done that before. Second of all, it's not like the competition is standing still here. It's hard to imagine HPalm catching up and surpassing the competition when they don't even appear to be in the race. The Pre 2 looks like something that was supposed to be released about a year ago.

I think HP is taking a cold hard look at what they can accomplish with webOS going forward and my guess is that a superphone isn't something they will be doing.
    well said sir and i 100% agree with you. i don't think palm will make any super phone. this is the reason as of late alot including me have jumped to the evo or epic. lots of great android devices coming out next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by phaet2112 View Post
    Fake phone with laughably bad photoshop UI. The nexus S is an actual Samsung device that will compete with straight google experience. That other phone is like a "blockberry"...
    the phone isn't fake but the photo is. apple would sue samsung if they released that, looks too much like an iphone clone.

That makes about as much sense as:
    "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded." --Yogi Berra
    Looks fake to me. Many of the comments seem to agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodguy View Post
    Looks fake to me. Many of the comments seem to agree.
    Did you read the original Engadget article?
    it would make no sense to have 1080p on a tiny screen.

Really not following your reasoning here....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it would make no sense to have 1080p on a tiny screen.
    It would if you could pipe it to a 1080p display. So the fact that it can capture 1080p could have merit. The fact that it can play back 1080p.. well you would want to at least be able to view it on the phone if you can capture it.

Granted on a camera with a tiny sensor, the quality is going to suffer some.
    1080p on a small screen would be stupid, and it would crush the CPU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    1080p on a small screen would be stupid, and it would crush the CPU.
    Not if the GPU could handle it... and the point is more it can capture 1080p and you have the ability to play back that content on the phone if you so wish. Obviously a recording at that resolution would be made to play on a device with a larger screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast