1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    The Sony Ericsson LiveView created a bit of a stir when it was announced a month or two back, with the intriguing miniature 1.3″ OLED Bluetooth phone controller looking like it might be a very useful piece of kit and for all Android phones, not just Sony Ericsson models.

Sony Ericsson LiveView out now in the UK – 56 via Amazon Eurodroid

Once of you go out and buy one and let the rest of us know if it is worth the money!

Anyone fancy this?
  2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Sony Ericsson LiveView out now in the UK 56 via Amazon Eurodroid

Once of you go out and buy one and let the rest of us know if it is worth the money!

Anyone fancy this?
    I like it; I'd just like to see 2 things...

1) A real watchband for it (the pictures I've seen look like it's jury-rigged), preferably a standard-sized changeable band
    2) A utility to connect it to a webOS device and give it the same functionality as what's touted for Android
    It requires an app (or service) to be running on the phone it is interfacing with, and apparently the app is only available for a few select Android phones.

But yes, I like the concept immensely. What we need is a standard communication protocol for this type of device, and for that standard to be adopted among all platforms, like other Bluetooth protocols.
    Touchscreens are a fad.