1.    #1  
    I like it.

I still have my Pre on sprint, but can't wait for the webos tab that takes forever to come.

Anyway, I already have a webOS phone, I thought it would be a good idea to get my hands on android a bit with this tab.

I just have it for less than 24 hrs. here are the thoughts

Pros:

• firefox mobile and opera mobile, which I doubt will ever happen on webos at a reasonable commitment from the developers.
    • front facing camera, auto focus for camera, I was series let down the Pre2's lack of any significant improvement in terms of the new hardware.
    • gmail, multi-selection is a must, and its unfortunately that webOS email still can't do that.
    • Virtual KB with wipe input

Cons:

• Universal search is not as good as webOS
    • no swipe to delete
    • multi-tasking is bad compare to webOS
    • no decent synergy
    • less polished
    • no physical KB.

In term of OS, HP/PALM still has a winner at hand. But unless they came up with a device that have front cam, higher resolution screen, and decent alternative to the stock browser. I will just be content with my sprint Pre.

Technology changes fast, the extremely slow pace of putting out high quality product is just plain bad idea.
    Why not wait for the Sprint one?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Why not wait for the Sprint one?
    well, i was stressed yesterday and just want to spend some $$$.

Also, T-mobile one has built in 16G internal memory and 4G data plan. Sprint one will give out a 16G card for free, but will have no expansion slot after that, and its 3G only.

EDIT:

T-mobile one is still 3G HSDPA, not 4G, my test shows 3.2mbps down, 0.44 mbps up.
    Last edited by clevin; 11/12/2010 at 08:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

Also, T-mobile one has built in 16G internal memory and 4G data plan. Sprint one will give out a 16G card for free, but will have no expansion slot after that, and its 3G only.
    I use the mobile hotspot from Sprint, so 4G won't be an issue. Also, T-Mobile 4G won't be here where I live for some time. lol.

Glad you are enjoying it though. I might get one, and I might not. All depends on if I can find a reason to have one that my wife will buy.

5.    #5  
    I strongly suggest HP/PALM comes up with a tab that has a physical KB.

When doing universal search, search in email, synergy, it becomes so much worse w/o a physical KB.
    how do you like the size? i feel like about 8 inches would be ideal in a tablet for me. definitely nothing as big as the iPad. the size of the galazy tab is the closet to 8 that is out that i would consider ATM.
  7.    #7  
    i like the size, its definitely designed to be easily held in one hand.
    Of course it runs Android. Is there anything that DOESN'T run Android anymore? lol. The tagline should be "The Samsung Galaxy Tab.....because the EVO wasn't big enough."
    Sounds good....synergy should be just as good as WebOS. Goolge stuff sync no problem, same with facebook and twitter. Only thing that was annoying was they offer link suggestions but unless the name is exactly the same they don't auto link them. I also like you can filter out your facebook friends from the contact book.

Speaking of which:

Sprint Love
    What's the battery life like on this thing? Anything remotely close to the iPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    What's the battery life like on this thing? Anything remotely close to the iPad?
    "So, how about that battery life? It's pretty good. After periodically surfing the web and reading on the Tab for about a day and a half with just 3G on, the battery is at about 20 percent. On our taxing video rundown test, which loops a standard definition video at about 65 percent brightness and 3G off, but WiFi on, the Tab's 4000mAh battery lasted for 6 hours and 9 minutes. That's around the same as some of the other Android tablet's we've tested, but not as long as the iPad's 9 hours and 33 minutes."

13.    #13  
    i dont have an ipad and dont know how it compares.

one thing to remember is that, unlike iPad, this is a connected device pretty much all the time.
    i dont have an ipad and dont know how it compares.

one thing to remember is that, unlike iPad, this is a connected device pretty much all the time.
    Confused by what you mean. How is it anymore connected than the iPad?
  15.    #15  
    Confused by what you mean. How is it anymore connected than the iPad?
    wifi only ipad will be offline when no wifi available.

galaxy tab will either be on wifi, 3G , or 4G all the time.
    wifi only ipad will be offline when no wifi available.

galaxy tab will either be on wifi, 3G , or 4G all the time.
    Right. But there is also the 3G iPad model.
    True, unless you buy it from Verizon. Though you do get a MiFi when you purchase right? Well, at least it doesn't need an accessory to be connected.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    True, unless you buy it from Verizon. Though you do get a MiFi when you purchase right? Well, at least it doesn't need an accessory to be connected.
    I think so. Not entirely sure what the special promotion/deal is there. But Apple and Verizon are definitely getting cozy.
  19.    #19  
    oh i forgot to mention it does flash video!

no hulu, no netflix, but cbs video works fine