Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I will check that out,thanks
    I wish there was a phone that would make me ditch my palm pre for... Oops! I spoke too fast - I forget the palm pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I wish there was a phone that would make me ditch my palm pre for... Oops! I spoke too fast - I forget the palm pre 2.
    Actually, the Palm Pre IS the phone you should ditch your Palm Pre for. I did it about 6 times...in less then 1 year. Then I got tired of ditching my phone every couple of months and upgraded to an Evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I will check that out,thanks
    Swiftkey is pretty good.

But i actually use the Droid X keyboard....i can type the best on it. The stock keyboard is also great.
    My issue with Swiftkey is that it gets confused since I type in two languages. I've tried it a couple of times and it just didn't work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. The only issue I have with the stock keyboard is that the arrow buttons are at the very bottom and that's where I expect the space bar to be. So I often wind up moving the cursor instead of hitting "space". I'm still searching for the perfect keyboard.
    Taharka, that was exactly what would happen with me on the Evo keyboard....like i thought response time and word correction was great...but those arrows would get annoying (although sometimes i miss them now). Visit XDA (as i don't think i can post it here) and search for "multitouch keyboard" in the evo section. Really good keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Taharka, that was exactly what would happen with me on the Evo keyboard....like i thought response time and word correction was great...but those arrows would get annoying (although sometimes i miss them now). Visit XDA (as i don't think i can post it here) and search for "multitouch keyboard" in the evo section. Really good keyboard.
    I'll check it out. Does it require root? I ask because I haven't boarded that train just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    .... I'm still searching for the perfect keyboard.
    SlideIT (i love it) .. or Ultra, if you want a little more conventional.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    SlideIT (i love it) .. or Ultra, if you want a little more conventional.
    I've tried SlideIT, like it, but not convinced...yet. I'll check out Ultra. Really, I'm more than functional with stock but I need to set aside some more time to experiment with the others. So far, I've only tried Stock, SlideIT, SwiftKey and the Vlingo keyboards. Missed the beta on Swype, sadly. I'd love to compare that to SlideIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    I'll check it out. Does it require root? I ask because I haven't boarded that train just yet.
    Negative!

(Updated 7/22/2010!)Droid X multitouch keyboard 2.1 addition - xda-developers

Mods let me know if i can't link to that.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123