Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    A few questions for anyone who has done the Pre to Epic transition...

1) As someone who uses the Pre's online backup, how difficult is it to move contacts from the Pre to the Epic?

2) Is it possible to easily move Memos from the Pre to the Epic?
    1. Depends where is your contact are. If in Google Mail - no problem

2. Don't know - never tried
    after hands on with my galaxy tab on T-mobile, I would say webOS is still better, albeit no firefox mobile, no opera mobile, no front camera, no 4G.

if any of those is important and attractive enough, you should switch. Otherwise, stick with Pre for now.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    I still worry about updates with Samsung especially with Android gingerbread 3.0 likely released at CES. The epic could potentially be two android versions behind.
    You mean like the Sammy Nexus S with gingerbread that leaked today on Engadget? The Epic will be old news soon.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Contacts are easy to move but I don't know about memos.
    This the one sticking point of the transition process. I'd really prefer not to have to email every memo individually, but I wasn't able to find some sort of a homebrew patch that enabled batch emailing of the memos.

by the way, if any of you don't have Gmail set as your default sync option for the Pre's contacts, I learned the hard way this afternoon that using Palm Profile is an utter waste of time. It took me nearly two hours to get all of my contacts from the Pre into Gmail, and all because Palm decided they didn't want to allow Palm Profile syncs to merge with Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    I had the Pre since launch week, and went to EVO a couple of weeks ago. If you could do without a physical keyboard, then go with this. I think it's a little cheaper than the Epic right now, and you're still getting a top of the line model.

Pull the plug on that toy.
    I don't appreciate you calling my phone a toy just because you have that big ugly ... Evo. What exactly is it that you accomplish with the evo that I can't do with my sprint pre to make you call it a toy. I saw my friend doing voice command with his evo and it was a joke.
    Voice command works damn near flawlessly for me. I won't call the Pre a toy, but there are many things i can do on my Evo that i couldn't on my Pre.

Its no exaggeration at all andriod is simply a more mature and better supported OS at this time compared to WebOS.

if you deny that you must be blind.
    I must say that Voice Command is pretty spot on for me as well.
    Quote:
    Its no exaggeration at all andriod is simply a more mature and better supported OS at this time compared to WebOS.

if you deny that you must be blind. Quote ends..

Mature maybe, but better.. Hmm! I would say that's subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Quote:

if you deny that you must be blind. Quote ends..

Mature maybe, but better.. Hmm! I would say that's subjective.
    I agree.

Which is better is a matter of opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I don't appreciate you calling my phone a toy just because you have that big ugly ... Evo. What exactly is it that you accomplish with the evo that I can't do with my sprint pre to make you call it a toy.
    You've got to be joking.
    You are joking, right?
    You've got to be joking.
    You are joking, right?
    hey I was watching all the vids on the evo,,and I changed my mind. I will not get an epic,,im sort of liking the evo now.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    hey I was watching all the vids on the evo,,and I changed my mind. I will not get an epic,,im sort of liking the evo now.
    I have no regrets with my Evo over epic. My friend has an Epic and the styling of it is just not my cup of tea. LOVE my evo.
    I would recommend that! The evo is an awesome device. Very high quality and fast very reliable, I just ditched my pre, Android takes some getting used to but you will be happy with the decision, my pre let me down when I got lost and it rebooted and took almost 45 minutes to restart by that time I already found how to get back home after taking a 20 mile detour. I need a phone I can rely on, and until HP/Palm can do that for me I am very impressed with my evo

Sent using Tapatalk
    Fine choice, indeed.

Would you like the lobster with that, or the prime rib?
    Fine choice, indeed.

Would you like the lobster with that, or the prime rib?
    Hays i've been sooo busy w / work I haven't been on here lately I miss your random posts! Hahaha Ltm. Ltm

Sent using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    Hays i've been sooo busy w / work I haven't been on here lately I miss your random posts! Hahaha Ltm. Ltm

Sent using Tapatalk
    Good to see you again too.
    I'll take the lobster thankyou
    Dude I picked up the Epic today...

I'm loving it. I'll come back to webOS when HP/Palm get around to releasing something worth looking at. Until then webOS won't be picking up marketshare and I just grew tired of waiting.

To everyone: It's just a phone, so don't freak over dropping the pre and webOS for a while. You can always come back after all.
    well only reason I was thinking epic was keyboard,,but I'm thinking I could get use to virtual keyboard in exchange for that very sleek design.im sure they are both equally amazing devices.
    well only reason I was thinking epic was keyboard,,but I'm thinking I could get use to virtual keyboard in exchange for that very sleek design.im sure they are both equally amazing devices.
    I know I thought I would have problems with that too, but the keyboard is an easy adjustment., when you switch get the SwiftKey keyboard! It's really intuitive!

Sent using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast