Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Feint naivete, did you Google search that?

I'm feigning nothing. I'm neither naive, nor pretending to be. However, I find it more than a tad irritating when people come on here and self-righteously pretend they're quoting facts, when indeed they're simply spouting opinions.

Again, nothing wrong with having opinions, or even expressing them; however, the pretense, then the "piling on" attacks against those that disagree is not acceptable.
    I posted a link. I did not start an attack. Others chimed in with their thoughts of the link. You got bent out of shape about the link. One of the points of the link was to show information is available if you search. You wanted information handed to you. A poster gave you a specific link, with a time frame to skip to for your "proof". You then instead of saying thank you poster, you come back with "I doubt Google is doing that many activations per day." So the whole point or wanting some kind or proof was just a smoke screen. Therefore, no mater what, you prefer to stick to your guns, even though they are not loaded.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 11/17/2010 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I posted a link. I did not start an attack. Others chimed in with their thoughts of the link. You got bent out of shape about the link. One of the points of the link was to show information is available if you search. You wanted information handed to you. A poster gave you a specific link, with a time frame to skip to for your "proof". You then instead of saying thank you poster, you come back with "I doubt Google is doing that many activations per day." So the whole point or wanting some kind or proof was just a smoke screen. Therefore, no mater what, you prefer to stick to your guns, even though they are not loaded.
    You misunderstood my intent in my question. (That's a common thing to do, when jumping in another's coversation - nothing wrong with jumping in, just make sure you know what you're doing).

I asked for a link to his source, not a link to a Google Search for information - which is what you provided. As shown by what transpired, such a link did not provide his source, it provided information which could mean something totally different than what he said.

I didn't ask for "proof", so I don't know how you can charactierize my doing so as a smoke screen.

If I posted a message that Billy Bob is reportedly one of the brightest people in the world, and you asked for my source; it would mean less if my source is his mother who said so, than it would if I gave a list his degrees and accomplishments.

The link you provided did serve a purpose though. It pointed out that the validity of the numbers are in disupte.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDoo View Post
    I know market saturation for smart phones is still considered low. However, maybe there just isn't enough demand yet, to support so many different models and eco systems?
    I think you might be on to something. The smartphone market isn't as big as we think (of the total number of phones in use (not sold) in America that are smartphones is around 20-30%) and of those people, only a fraction of those people (roughly 30%) actually use their phone's full capabilities (i.e. web browsing, downloading apps, etc.). I think that their might be a saturation of devices out there, and that obviously doesn't bode well for these operating systems trying to gain a foothold (WM7, webOS).

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    You misunderstood my intent in my question. (That's a common thing to do, when jumping in another's coversation - nothing wrong with jumping in, just make sure you know what you're doing).

I asked for a link to his source, not a link to a Google Search for information - which is what you provided. As shown by what transpired, such a link did not provide his source, it provided information which could mean something totally different than what he said.

I didn't ask for "proof", so I don't know how you can charactierize my doing so as a smoke screen.

If I posted a message that Billy Bob is reportedly one of the brightest people in the world, and you asked for my source; it would mean less if my source is his mother who said so, than it would if I gave a list his degrees and accomplishments.

The link you provided did serve a purpose though. It pointed out that the validity of the numbers are in disupte.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by helidos
    android is activating 200k a day with iOS doing 270k a day. But I still want to see his source.
    I would like to the see the source of 200k androids being activated per day. Call me a skeptic.
    If you had actually used the word "his" your comment might have some validity. Your memory and what you actually posted are not in agreement. Maybe you got confused with helidos post and thought it was yours where they actually does use the word "his". This just further shows your unwillingness to seek out the facts, even if they are coming from you.
    Post 47 is where Android activations is first mentioned, that was my post, so actually you jumped into that trend of conversation. It's an open forum, if you want a private response use PM. If you don't want anyone to jump in your conversation, don't use a forum.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 11/18/2010 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by helidos
    android is activating 200k a day with iOS doing 270k a day. But I still want to see his source.

If you had actually used the word "his" your comment might have some validity. Your memory and what you actually posted are not in agreement. Maybe you got confused with helidos post and thought it was yours where they actually does use the word "his". This just further shows your unwillingness to seek out the facts, even if they are coming from you.
    Post 47 is where Android activations is first mentioned, that was my post, so actually you jumped into that trend of conversation. It's an open forum, if you want a private response use PM. If you don't want anyone to jump in your conversation, don't use a forum.
    There was a reason I quoted him. Again, I didn't ask for "proof", I asked for the source. I didn't need to do it privately, because it was an open discussion. I don't even mind others answering - however, don't rephrase what I said. I never asked for "proof".
    I would like to the see the source of 200k androids being activated per day. Call me a skeptic.
    There was a reason I quoted him. Again, I didn't ask for "proof", I asked for the source. I didn't need to do it privately, because it was an open discussion. I don't even mind others answering - however, don't rephrase what I said. I never asked for "proof".
    Rephrase your post? I quoted exactly what you asked, which was a general question, you did not use the word "his" as you claimed, thus implying I jumped in your conversation.
    You want to play semantics, no, you did not use the word "proof" you asked for a source.

Originally Posted by hparsons

Sure sounds like you wanted proof, why else ask for a source. I guess you just wanted to make someone jump through hoops for jumping's sake, you had no real need of the source, cause after all you did not ask for proof.

Only you know the reason you quoted him, everyone else can only go by what they see, we can't read your mind.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 11/18/2010 at 07:21 PM.
    A message from the topic: "I'm lonely. When will you guys come back to me?"
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Sure sounds like you wanted proof, why else ask for a source. I guess you just wanted to make someone jump through hoops for jumping's sake, you had no real need of the source, cause after all you did not ask for proof.
    I implied my reason in the original post "Call me a skeptic". I later explicitly explained my reason for skepticism - the numbers don't add up. Google is not selling 72,000,000 Android devices. The links you provided showed that I am not the only one that doubts the numbers

Only you know the reason you quoted him, everyone else can only go by what they see, we can't read your mind.
    Again, I explained why I quoted him. It puts the questions in context.

Now, I have a question for you, is it your contention that Android is maintainging 200,000 activations per day?

If so, then (back to the original topic) Palm has nothing to worry about from WP7, between Android and iPhones (which the link you provided showed the same sort of claims) they will have crowded everyone else out.

Unless you're a skeptic, of course.
    I implied my reason in the original post "Call me a skeptic". I later explicitly explained my reason for skepticism - the numbers don't add up. Google is not selling 72,000,000 Android devices. The links you provided showed that I am not the only one that doubts the numbers
    I don't think Google is claiming the 200,000 activations a day figure is sustainable or even an average. Obviously, there are going to be days where they exceed that and (more often) days where they fall short of it.

The fact that they had even a single day where they activated 200,000 devices is impressive enough, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I don't think Google is claiming the 200,000 activations a day figure is sustainable or even an average. Obviously, there are going to be days where they exceed that and (more often) days where they fall short of it.

The fact that they had even a single day where they activated 200,000 devices is impressive enough, really.
    I agree about the single day activation being impressive, and probably agree that Google isn't claiming that; however, the context of the messages on here seemd to imply that.

Sinsin07 said:
    200,000 new user's in a quarter for old hardware is impressive, but as opposed to what? Isn't Android doing that many activations weekly?
    to which Helios responded
    android is activating 200k a day with iOS doing 270k a day.
    In the context of that conversation, it sounded as if Sinsin was claiming 200,000 weekly (which would imply it's sustained, not a single time), and Helios corrected it to 200,000 a day, not one single day.

I doubt those numbers, and as you pointed out, I doubt that's what Google is claiming.

Which has been my point all along (and was the reason I asked for the source).
    Last edited by jbg7474; 11/20/2010 at 07:01 PM.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567