Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    android is activating 200k a day with iOS doing 270k a day. But I still want to see his source.
    I would like to the see the source of 200k androids being activated per day. Call me a skeptic.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You have a list of the features of the release version of WebOS 2.0? I'm impressed. Can you share it with the rest of us?
    NDA
    I would like to the see the source of 200k androids being activated per day. Call me a skeptic.
    Android Activations Per Day
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    NDA
    Except in Palm's case NDA stands for Never Did Appear
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    You have a list of the features of the release version of WebOS 2.0? I'm impressed. Can you share it with the rest of us?
    Oh you didn't know webos 2.0 has been out for about 2 weeks now. So many people have purchased a pre in France it's all over the tech blogs how could you miss it. I think its receiving more coverage than WP7 atm.

Or in other news released to the public minus features announcement whether releases overseas or not its been released minus features.
    [B]
    NDA
    There is no NDA on the features of a released product. He specified "released" version, which is whay I specified released version.

Didn't someone say something about excuses around here...???
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Thank you for the "lesson" on Google Searching. I thought someone had an actual source.

However, I took you up on the offer of a Google search. Seems your facts were off. According to the very first hit I got (on the "source" which you provided), the number was 160,000, inlucluded upgrades, and was to be scoffed at:

iOS activations trump Android at 230,000 per day | Electronista

Apple during its September 1 event directly took on Google's claims of having 160,000 activations per day. Company chief Steve Jobs joked that others "throw out a lot of numbers" but said Apple was activating 230,000 iOS devices per day. He added that, unlike Google's figures, this didn't include OS upgrades.
    Seriously, Google Search is your factual base? Wow.
    Oh you didn't know webos 2.0 has been out for about 2 weeks now. So many people have purchased a pre in France it's all over the tech blogs how could you miss it. I think its receiving more coverage than WP7 atm.

Or in other news released to the public minus features announcement whether releases overseas or not its been released minus features.
    Super, then if you're not under the NDA that's been mentioned, you can provide a list, correct?

It's really a pretty simple question.
    [B]
    There is no NDA on the features of a released product. He specified "released" version, which is whay I specified released version.

There is an NDA on the information you requested.

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912
    And the Pre 2 is to win hearts by being stealth launched overseas with "pre-production" hardware and a WebOS 2.0 that doesn't even have all of the features they announced for 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    So he said what was released is not the full version of webOS 2.0 and you asked for proof. I responded by saying there is an NDA which would prevent him from providing you that proof even if he had it to give.
    Thank you for the "lesson" on Google Searching. I thought someone had an actual source.

However, I took you up on the offer of a Google search. Seems your facts were off. According to the very first hit I got (on the "source" which you provided), the number was 160,000, inlucluded upgrades, and was to be scoffed at:

You clicked on a link with outdated info on google activations. Here is the source you were looking for.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/google...ated-every-day
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    [b]

A product can be released and still be under a NDA.

Skip ahead to 2:15... Pretty sure thats clear as day.

Also the iOS article, food for though Steve likes to include all iOS devices in his numbers since it inflates it pretty well. Nice quote from said article.

Almost all Android activations are smartphones, while Apple's is a mixture of iPads, iPhones and iPod touch players.
    Super, then if you're not under the NDA that's been mentioned, you can provide a list, correct?

Voice commands are missing, exhibition is not done you know what never mind Its not my job to inform you ask palm or do the research yourself.
    There is an NDA on the information you requested.

So he said what was released is not the full version of webOS 2.0 and you asked for proof. I responded by saying there is an NDA which would prevent him from providing you that proof even if he had it to give.
    Actually, I did not ask for proof. I asked him if he had a list of the features.

If the phone has been officially released then the features are not under an NDA. It's really that simple.
    You clicked on a link with outdated info on google activations. Here is the source you were looking for.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/google...ated-every-day
    I clicked on the very first link that was provided when I asked for a source. You guys want to play games, and then seem to want to cry foul when they don't work the way you want.

It really was a simple request, and the snitty "here's how you Google" link was what it was. Don't be upset if folks use what they're given.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Actually, I did not ask for proof. I asked him if he had a list of the features.

If the phone has been officially released then the features are not under an NDA. It's really that simple.
    In this case Palm says when the NDA is lifted. Not a product being released.
    A product can be released and still be under a NDA.
    I suspect not. I've signed NDAs, and they've all expired at a certain date (before release) or expired upon release. We're talking about the features of a released product.

Besides, the notion that he is under an NDA (Mikah, the person I asked) is doubtful. Had he been under an NDA, it would have (likely) been a violation for him to mention that features are missing.

Skip ahead to 2:15... Pretty sure thats clear as day.
    Thanks. Now, for the simple math - 200,000 x 365 = 73,000,000. Is that really the number you're expecting us to believe?

I don't doubt that Android has that number of activations on certain days. I do doubt that the number is a sustained number or that it represents actual in use devices (which is the point of the discussion).

Call me a skeptic, I don't mind.

Also the iOS article, food for though Steve likes to include all iOS devices in his numbers since it inflates it pretty well. Nice quote from said article.
    I suspect both industry giants are playing a bit of a numbers game.

Voice commands are missing, exhibition is not done you know what never mind Its not my job to inform you ask palm or do the research yourself.
    Um.... excuse me. I didn't ask you - you butted in.
    In this case Palm says when the NDA is lifted. Not a product being released.
    So, it's your assertion that Mikah is under an NDA from Palm not to talk about the features he talked about?

Have you cleared this with him?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Um.... excuse me. I didn't ask you - you butted in.
    Considering I mentioned missing features actually you did.

Quote Originally Posted by helidos

Considering I mentioned missing features actually you did.
    I stand corrected (sort of). So, when you butted in on my question, providing quasi-answers, and I asked for a list, you chose not to provide one, citing that it's my job to research (something which is supposedly under an NDA).

OK, I'll go with that. Seriously, this is pretty entertaining.

Make up something, then when questioned about it, tell the person asking the question they'll have to find the answers on their own.

I suspect that if you don't know what features are missing, they're really not that important, and really simply more fodder for the "I hate all things Palm" epidemic that seems to be popular here recently.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I suspect not. I've signed NDAs, and they've all expired at a certain date (before release) or expired upon release. We're talking about the features of a released product.
    Well here a nice little article describing the NDA apple left in place after the apps(product) had been released. So again Palm decides when the NDA no longer applies.

Thanks. Now, for the simple math - 200,000 x 365 = 73,000,000. Is that really the number you're expecting us to believe?
    Nope you originally asked for proof of the 200k a day we provided it use the information how you want.

I suspect both industry giants are playing a bit of a numbers game.
    I agree, but apple plays with numbers more than anyone else.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I stand corrected (sort of). So, when you butted in on my question, providing quasi-answers, and I asked for a list, you chose not to provide one, citing that it's my job to research (something which is supposedly under an NDA).

OK, I'll go with that. Seriously, this is pretty entertaining.

Make up something, then when questioned about it, tell the person asking the question they'll have to find the answers on their own.

I suspect that if you don't know what features are missing, they're really not that important, and really simply more fodder for the "I hate all things Palm" epidemic that seems to be popular here recently.
    Actually I provided you with two features missing then left it up to you to do the rest. Voice command or mic access is pretty important for a lot of people the other not so much.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast