Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    heres a link to gizmodo, and boygenius who have recently reviewed the tablet. They state the tablet is a mess, and is a poor attempt at making a tablet.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Review: A Pocketable Train Wreck

http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/08/samsun...b-impressions/
    I'm not sure I agree with the reviews. One thing I've learned is, try it yourself. But I view it as possibly too expensive for the data version, looking at how the plans are being charged in the US. The wifi version may be different.

I'm still tempted to just buy the Evo and call it a day. it's a mini tablet anyway IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    heres a link to gizmodo, and boygenius who have recently reviewed the tablet. They state the tablet is a mess, and is a poor attempt at making a tablet.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Review: A Pocketable Train Wreck

Samsung Galaxy Tab impressions | BGR
    seems like it from those 2 reviews...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with the reviews. One thing I've learned is, try it yourself. But I view it as possibly too expensive for the data version, looking at how the plans are being charged in the US. The wifi version may be different.

I'm still tempted to just buy the Evo and call it a day. it's a mini tablet anyway IMO.
    of def on that try it yourself mentality, but with two reviews stating the same thing its easy to see the problems you would have compared to the competiton at this point (ipad).
    They are griping about the size. 7" is easier to carry. Can't use the keyboard comfortably? Well I have small fingers so I can. Screen resolution supposedly bad? I don't really buy that because on 7", 1024x600 seems decent.

The gripe I have is price though. What is up with these US carriers trying to charge laptop data prices?? That's the big fail IMO. Buying a large screen phone ends up a better deal.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    They are griping about the size. 7" is easier to carry. Can't use the keyboard comfortably? Well I have small fingers so I can. Screen resolution supposedly bad? I don't really buy that because on 7", 1024x600 seems decent.

The gripe I have is price though. What is up with these US carriers trying to charge laptop data prices?? That's the big fail IMO. Buying a large screen phone ends up a better deal.
    correct though I think gizmodo said the screen looked amazing just do to it being only 7 inchs. My issue has always been about a 7inch screen is its not much of a difference between that and a 4 inch screen in terms of portablity, and really screen realestate. So paying 600 dollars for a a bit bigger device when I can get a 4 inch phone to me is not a good deal, to me the idea of a tablet is supposed to be a laptop replacement in a sense of viewing, portablity, and basic computer functions. Thats the reason I personally think this is a fail. As well as watching the video the browser is horrid (though without flash its a bit better, but not by much) as well as switching between applications is very clunky, and laggy.
    While I'm not sold on the 7" screen size, that review is just Gizmodo being Gizmodo.

Engadget and TechCrunch have more balanced reviews with less obvious link baiting going on.
    are these in stores yet so I can play with one? Anyone? Beuller?

I hope the gizmodo slam is true, because it creates an opening for Palm to run through for a score.
    Is it the Android browser? It works fine on my mid range phone so why wouldn't it work on a device with more power? I don't really want to try to view Flash, BTW. I think Jobs was right about Flash being limited on portables, my computer barely handles it well enough as it is.

IMO, its WAY too expensive. Subsidies need to more to get it to around 399.00 .
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    IMO, its WAY too expensive. Subsidies need to more to get it to around 399.00 .
    It is that much with subsidies, it's the data prices that's the killer.

Sprint's Tab is 399.

Anyway, if I followed what all the critics say I would have missed out on some pretty cool movies/phones/cars/deoderant.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Also keep in mind that the US carriers ruined the US release by demanding removal of phone capabilities.

15.    #15  
    Also keep in mind that the US carriers ruined the US release by demanding removal of phone capabilities.
    I didnt know you can use this as a phone, where did you see that at? I see you can send SMS messages though.
    Yep, it's a fail. Wasn't hard to predict. Hp needs at least a 10" tablet or not bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I didnt know you can use this as a phone, where did you see that at? I see you can send SMS messages though.
    http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-review-31111323/

"Connectivity consists of WiFi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 and on this European version a triband UMTS/HSPA (900/1900/2100) modem (along with quadband GSM/EDGE)."

18.    #18  
    http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-review-31111323/

"Connectivity consists of WiFi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 and – on this European version – a triband UMTS/HSPA (900/1900/2100) modem (along with quadband GSM/EDGE)."
    thats a nice feature, too bad they didnt want to enable that here in the US, that would justify a smaller screen IMO. I wounder why they disabled it here in the US?
    US carriers of course. They want to figure out how to gouge you. They have it where you have to carry both a phone and a tablet(if you really want this, that is), and so you pay the carriers twice.

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    While I'm not sold on the 7" screen size, that review is just Gizmodo being Gizmodo.

Engadget and TechCrunch have more balanced reviews with less obvious link baiting going on.
    I'm not sold on tablet in general, but I would think 7" is a better size for this type of device. The Tab is about the same size as a Kindle, but with a bigger screen, and I CAN carry my Kindle in the back pocket of my jeans or in my jacket.

If I'm going to tote around the bulk of an iPad, I might as well carry a netbook so I can at least work on it. Every time I see somebody on a plane or traveling with an iPad they've always got something to carry it in, something strapped on to it to make it netbook-like and they always look like they're trying really hard to look comfortable using it. Too heavy to hold with one hand and hard to type on.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast