Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The iPad is an amazing device. I can't put mine down. That being said I think the Galaxy Tab is a great tablet but it is priced too high. If it was on par with the iPad contract free it would be a lot more attractive.
    The Tab isn't really priced any higher then the iPad. The difference is that the Tab doesn't have a WiFi only version which would drop the hardware costs for such a version significantly.

If you were referring to the size and saying that I should cost less because it is smaller, that's not how electronics work. Really the WiFi iPad could sell for a third to a half of what the iPhone sells for off contact and still be making gobs of money.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Tab customers are thoughtful and iPad customers are impulsive?

A good CE product is a little like obscenity: It is difficult to predefine, but, you know it when you see it. Tab shoppers and Pad shoppers are the same people. They see the Tab and are convinced that there is something better. They see the iPad and are done shopping around.

I have seen countless posts on various sites from people who extol the virtues of the Tab. They wax poetic over it. But when they are done opining, they are still Tab-less. That is probably not a good sign. It also can't be a good sign that we haven't heard any sales figures by now.

All that being said, I think the Tab has the potential to be a Slate killer.
    I'd buy the Tab if it had a WiFi only version. But I don't want to pay the premium for the 3G radio that I'd never use.

The Galaxy sold 600,000 tablets the month and that not a fail by any stretch of the imagination.

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/...20101121000281

Sfm Evo
    Last edited by kinster02; 11/21/2010 at 03:43 PM.
    $600k? Is this sell through to end customers or to carriers?
    Well the Euro version is better so I suspect the 600K is more of that one in overseas markets. The US version is gimped and overpriced due to carrier price gouging.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think that all these companies making these tablet devices are being unrealistic with their pricing. 90%+ of these devices aren't even capable of doing what a basic netbook can do. People are paying for the wow factor, and the increased portability, that is about it. Now I love gadgets just as much as everyone else, but I will not forsake functionality for something that is "cool" and good looking.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I think that all these companies making these tablet devices are being unrealistic with their pricing. 90%+ of these devices aren't even capable of doing what a basic netbook can do. People are paying for the wow factor, and the increased portability, that is about it. Now I love gadgets just as much as everyone else, but I will not forsake functionality for something that is "cool" and good looking.
    I had this same position, until I got my iPad. I have had netbooks before and they just don't compare. Apple's to oranges IMO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123