Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    US carriers of course. They want to figure out how to gouge you. They have it where you have to carry both a phone and a tablet(if you really want this, that is), and so you pay the carriers twice.
    true good point, the reason for the ZTE peel too I assume.
    Both sites are Apple ****** sites & should be taken with a grain of salt. Wait for a more unbiased review from sites like Phonedog, Phone Scoop, or Mobile Burn.
    But, based on what I've seen, the thing is pretty damned impressive & will definitely give the iPad a run for it's money.
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Both sites are Apple ****** sites & should be taken with a grain of salt. Wait for a more unbiased review from sites like Phonedog, Phone Scoop, or Mobile Burn.
    But, based on what I've seen, the thing is pretty damned impressive & will definitely give the iPad a run for it's money.
    What's so impressive about it? Nice screen. Give ya that. But it's too small.

This is important considering you've got 4.3" android "tablets" already that also make phone calls. Or 4G if your on Sprint.

Why would someone buy a 7" tablet then? Would you buy a 7" netbook or laptop? I wouldn't.. Especially since it costs the same as a 10" ipad.

Someone mentioned Kindle, but that's a 100 dollar e-reader only device with e-ink meant for reading novels on. Different animal.
    If the US carriers had left on the telephone capabilities, it would have been a way better deal.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think that the Galaxy has the hype machine that HP Palm needs!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    those are not reviews, those are hate speeches drafted by SJ. Gizmodo and BGR is in apple's pocket for some time.

Read the review at Engadget, thats what a review should be like.
    I've played with the Galaxy Tab at a Verizon store today. It is a really NICE device and the PERFECT size. The only reason I did not buy one today is because I know what is coming. I'm waiting for the Blackberry Playbook or the LG Optimus Tablet or the next version of the Galaxy Tab or the HTC Tablet.
    I saw it today too. It's indeed a small tablet, but not as conspicuous as the iPad so I can hide it easier. If only US carriers allowed telephone usage, I may have gotten this. I just can't justify the costs in my case though because I still need a phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I saw it today too. It's indeed a small tablet, but not as conspicuous as the iPad so I can hide it easier. If only US carriers allowed telephone usage, I may have gotten this. I just can't justify the costs in my case though because I still need a phone.
    thats my reason too, since you told me it had phone capabilities. To me if it did, its a sale otherwise Im with most people here why get a 7 inch tablet, when I could get say a EVO thats 4.3 inches and the same thing. To me (ive played with it too at the store) its not bad, but compared to a ipad (which I have too) it pales in comparison.
    I too handled it today and was mostly favorably impressed -- light, quick, easily handled, its a good compromise between a laptop/netbook screen -- and a smartphone's.

I've hardly touched an iPad, but for media consumption a featherweight 7" that has SD expansion, dual camera, etc. has more potential value for me than that shiny feminine hygiene product from Apple.

I'm very puzzled and to the verge of being stunned that they did not include a USB port though -- a weird omission particularly since it was part of the original rumored spec.

I'm also puzzled that they omitted the cell phone capability. A BT headset and a decent data plan, would have made this one powerful convergence device.

Hopefully its successors will get it right.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    [QUOTE=BARYE;2755955]I too handled it today and was mostly favorably impressed -- light, quick, easily handled, its a good compromise between a laptop/netbook screen -- and a smartphone's.

I've hardly touched an iPad, but for media consumption a featherweight 7" that has SD expansion, dual camera, etc. has more potential value for me than that shiny feminine hygiene product from Apple.

I'm very puzzled and to the verge of being stunned that they did not include a USB port though -- a weird omission particularly since it was part of the original rumored spec.

I'm also puzzled that they omitted the cell phone capability. A BT headset and a decent data plan, would have made this one powerful convergence device.

Hopefully its successors will get it right.[/QUOTE]

So I guess you're not buying it, right? Still waiting for the first one to buy at the current price points - especially folks that believe it's better than the iPad.
    i'm personally a fan of the size. i think 8 inches would be ideal, but i'd probably grab this if it had phone capabilities. i rarely talk on the phone, and when i do i just about never actually hold it up to my head, so this with headphones or BT would be fine as my main device.
    [QUOTE=Really mobile;2756174]
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    QUOTE]

So I guess you're not buying it, right? Still waiting for the first one to buy at the current price points - especially folks that believe it's better than the iPad.
    no, won't be buying it

Just got a Touch a couple of months back that I've been less than excited about.

$275-325 would be the price that would interest me -- somewhat more w/normal full cell voice/data access.

But I'm not the average user -- I don't mind reading the NYT on my 3" screens -- watching a movie on the Touch is ok -- as long as one uses headphones (which SUCKS, BTW).

Impromptu screening of my videos, controlling a remote PC, and maybe document editing is where the bigger real estate would matter to me.

And I want a real USB port, a built in stand would be nice, and could it hurt to put in an FM tuner ?

Android tablets will saturate the market in 2 years, and the price will fall accordingly. That's when I'll be seriously looking at buying.

iPads will still command a premium (as may the mythical webOS 2 pad), but Androids will (happily) be commodities
    Last edited by BARYE; 11/12/2010 at 01:02 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    I've played with the Galaxy Tab at a Verizon store today. It is a really NICE device and the PERFECT size. The only reason I did not buy one today is because I know what is coming. I'm waiting for the Blackberry Playbook or the LG Optimus Tablet or the next version of the Galaxy Tab or the HTC Tablet.
    I agree its the perfect size for portability, the Ipad is too big, bulky and heavy. I will also wait to see whats available next year and i'm not talking about a Palmpad.

Galaxy tab in action nice.

Last edited by kinster02; 11/12/2010 at 05:08 PM.
    i tried one of these yesterday at best buy. i'll admit it was better then i expected by a lot. that said i'd still buy an ipad over this any day. it's much smoother and better apps. i don't have any interest in a tablet though. I've never had an interest in tablets.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    What's so impressive about it? Nice screen. Give ya that. But it's too small.

This is important considering you've got 4.3" android "tablets" already that also make phone calls. Or 4G if your on Sprint.

Why would someone buy a 7" tablet then? Would you buy a 7" netbook or laptop? I wouldn't.. Especially since it costs the same as a 10" ipad.

Someone mentioned Kindle, but that's a 100 dollar e-reader only device with e-ink meant for reading novels on. Different animal.
    So 4.3 inches or 10 inches but nothing in between? Yeah, that makes sense.
    The iPad is an amazing device. I can't put mine down. That being said I think the Galaxy Tab is a great tablet but it is priced too high. If it was on par with the iPad contract free it would be a lot more attractive.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    I've played with the Galaxy Tab...I'm waiting
    The rest is just filler. The difference between the tab and the iPad, is that the tab is the device people look at and decide to wait on something better. The iPad is the something better that people didn't even know they were waiting for. In other words, tab customers look; iPad customers buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    The rest is just filler. The difference between the tab and the iPad, is that the tab is the device people look at and decide to wait on something better. The iPad is the something better that people didn't even know they were waiting for. In other words, tab customers look; iPad customers buy.
    Tab customers are thoughtful and iPad customers are impulsive?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Tab customers are thoughtful and iPad customers are impulsive?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Tab customer think for themselves and iPad customer buy what Steve tells them too?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast