1.    #1  
    DailyTech - Motorola Droid Pro Pre-orders Start Tomorrow; $179.99 After Rebate
    So the droid pro has a 3.1 in screen and a full qwerty keyboard? That sounds familiar. Based on how much flak the Pre 2 received in general I am somewhat surprised that an android phone is going "backwards" in screen size.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Now, that's a possible BB killer, or Pixy replacement. IMHO, it's a good looking phone. ....if you like the "candybar" form factor, anyway. ;-)
    I love this phone... But it's android. Sigh
    it's not so much going backwards as it is offering a form factor not yet available with android. I think they've got all form factors covered now, except for a portrait slider?
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    it's not so much going backwards as it is offering a form factor not yet available with android. I think they've got all form factors covered now, except for a portrait slider?

I believe that the Dell Venue Pro will have an android version.
    I have to admit, the keyboard of the Droid Pro makes me tingle. If I could get WebOS on that phone....
    I love this form factor! I have never gotten to like the slider on my Pre but still want a physical keyboard. I went to the Pixi for a while but couldn't live with the screen size and lack of power.
    Come on HPalm!!
    The Droid Pro is the first Android phone that has me thinking about jumping ship. I'm finding it more useful to have a keypad that I can type one handed without looking than a full screen that is nice for watching movies and playing games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    The Droid Pro is the first Android phone that has me thinking about jumping ship. I'm finding it more useful to have a keypad that I can type one handed without looking than a full screen that is nice for watching movies and playing games.
    I do like that phone format for sure.
    It is definitely a phone that makes me want to jump ship. The keyboard reminds me of my BB and I hardly ever made a mistake on that thing. I'm always having to go back and correct things when I'm typing on me Pre and it's frustrating. If the keyboard issues still persist in the Pre 2 then I might just get this phone...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I believe that the Dell Venue Pro will have an android version.
    I bet when used in hand, the Droid Pro is definitely a more user friendly design compared to the Venue. The keyboard looks better and the balance comparison when the Venue is open for the keyboard has to be much better on the Droid Pro.

I can't see what the Droid Pro doesn't have that I would want in a smartphone. I've wanted a new slightly larger Treo-like design running WebOS, but who knows if that will actually happen at CES. Getting to be such a long wait with my upgrade well overdue now. The battery life on Droid Pro is supposed to be quite good as well which is great for business travel when you're not at a desk all day with the phone plugged in.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    this doesn't count as a step backwards, because unlike with webOS, the Droid like offers form factors for everyones tastes. Palm on the other hand only offers form factors that, in this day and age, do not appeal to the masses.

So droid now officially has something for everyone. WebOS has something for the same small group of people the old hardware appealed to.