1.    #1  

So Verizon isn't going to advertise the HPalm device that runs on it's own network but it IS going to advertise the device that runs on AT&T's network.
    Last edited by UntidyGuy; 11/09/2010 at 01:40 AM.
    The iPad? They all have WiFi and 3G, so don't need AT&T to use them. They aren't locked to any network.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    the latest t-mobile ad cracked me up. They are doing ads for busy moms about a droid phone. Stole that strategy from palm, and I'm sure it will fail just as big. Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post

So Verizon isn't going to advertise the HPalm device that runs on it's own network but it IS going to advertise the device that runs on AT&T's network.
    The Pre 2 is not out yet. There is no official release date yet. Why would they advertise something thats not out yet? Everything we have seen, it does seem there will be more advertisements. Verizon is prepping their staff with the WebOS 2.0 features and HP is all ready creating online buzz with that online marketing (the youtube video). Lets wait and see what they do before we judge them for doing nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    The Pre 2 is not out yet. There is no official release date yet. Why would they advertise something thats not out yet? Everything we have seen, it does seem there will be more advertisements. Verizon is prepping their staff with the WebOS 2.0 features and HP is all ready creating online buzz with that online marketing (the youtube video). Lets wait and see what they do before we judge them for doing nothing.
    For the same reason that they advertised the Droids months in advance
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    The pre 2 is out already in france.. Hp|Palm are expecting the carriers who buy their phones to advertise it for them... I assume. They have the money - why aren't they using it in making more commercials. Don't they know if you want a product(s) to sell - you have to advertise.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Quite right.

One could say that the Pre2 has been released I suppose, in France, but how many "only available in France" products do you usually see advertised in the USA?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    The iPad is considered one of the hottest items this holiday season. I'd advertise it too if i'm verizon in hopes of selling some bundled data plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the latest t-mobile ad cracked me up. They are doing ads for busy moms about a droid phone. Stole that strategy from palm, and I'm sure it will fail just as big. Amazing
    I believe you mean they stole that strategy from Verizon. Were those not Verizon ads?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    They have the money - why aren't they using it in making more commercials. Don't they know if you want a product(s) to sell - you have to advertise.
    HP isn't advertising the Pre 2 because advertising isn't just about pushing something you want to sell. It's about getting a return on your advertising dollar. Verizon has decided that the iPad will sell enough MiFi subscriptions that it's worth advertising even though the 3G enabled iPad is an AT&T exclusive.

HP, on the other hand, has obviously decided that spending a lot of money advertising the Pre 2 will not return enough in sales. They are right.
    why would hp advertise a phone that isn't available yet? I'm sure they will run some ads once vzw ships it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    For the same reason that they advertised the Droids months in advance
    those were all verizon ads. Motorola didn't run any phone ads. Also, vzw didn't start ads until they were taking pre-orders and had announced the phone.

we won't know the vzw and hp marketing strategy at least until vzw announces a launch or pre-order date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I believe you mean they stole that strategy from Verizon. Were those not Verizon ads?
    oops. I stand corrected. Vzw was busy moms, palm was creepy girl. Now if htc does a creepy girl ad the world will be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    HP isn't advertising the Pre 2 because advertising isn't just about pushing something you want to sell. It's about getting a return on your advertising dollar. Verizon has decided that the iPad will sell enough MiFi subscriptions that it's worth advertising even though the 3G enabled iPad is an AT&T exclusive.

HP, on the other hand, has obviously decided that spending a lot of money advertising the Pre 2 will not return enough in sales. They are right.
    Kinda like a self-fulfilling sort of thing though right? If they don't advertise it, it will surely not sell enough. Oh well.
    As has already been stated, the P2 is not for sale, nor has it been officially announced for Verizon. The iPad has been on sale at Verizon for a couple of weeks. One might say they are late getting an ad out.

It is also interesting to note that this is the first Apple product Apple has allowed someone else to advertise. That is a significant step for Apple, and the blossoming Verizon relationship. I can't wait to see how Android tries to compete with free iPhones on Verizon.

Finally, the GTab is also not shipping on Verizon, yet, though it has been announced and priced. Samsung should be the ones upset at this commercial. Verizon actually called the iPad "magical". They have to be all the way in bed with Apple to do that. This means little for the P2, IMO. But, it is a bad sign for the GTab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    those were all verizon ads. Motorola didn't run any phone ads. Also, vzw didn't start ads until they were taking pre-orders and had announced the phone.

we won't know the vzw and hp marketing strategy at least until vzw announces a launch or pre-order date.
    My bad I should have read the paragraph more clearly
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    My bad I should have read the paragraph more clearly
    I thank Cantaffordit for mentioning that for me, and yes you should have (haha i kid ;-) ) Anyway I love your signature dude!