1.    #1  
    I just saw this on engadget and everywhere else.

I just wanted to see wanted to see what everyone thought of it and it's "dual" screen.

(3.5" and 1.8" "ticker")
    Sprint Love
  2. AZ8
    Looks like a cool concept, not sure how it would work in the real world tho. Would be interesting to see how it performs. But it looks like a smaller version of the Fascinate.
    I was tempted on other forums to say it was a poor implentation of webOS notifications, but it felt like I would be trolling there.
    Here, however...
    it is a jacked up version of our notification bar. Tho I think it is a waste of phone space. Imagine how big the screen would be if that was all one screen.
    seems like it would be a neat way to handle the issue w/ webOS taking up screen space w/ notifications.
    Look, people are going to copy webOS. The world might not be taking notice of HP webOS, but phone developers sure aren't. It's flattering really.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  7. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    it is a jacked up version of our notification bar. Tho I think it is a waste of phone space. Imagine how big the screen would be if that was all one screen.
    It actually is ONE screen. The buttons are simply painted on. Which gives it an appearance of 2 screens.

From Engadget:

"Update 2: Okay, we got some more info on that screen.The entire front of the phone is one huge four-inch screen, with the Android buttons more or less painted over the lower third -- the screen lights up underneath them in white to illuminate them. Samsung says it's just easier for marketing purposes to say it's two screens, but that they're selectively turning on the bottom portion of the display for the ticker. As far as battery life, it's a 1500mah battery that'll last about a day, we're told -- the lower screen turns on whenever a notification comes in, but since it's a smaller screen the battery life is on par with the Fascinate."

Samsung Continuum first hands-on (update: video!) -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    It actually is ONE screen. The buttons are simply painted on. Which gives it an appearance of 2 screens.

From Engadget:

"Update 2: Okay, we got some more info on that screen.The entire front of the phone is one huge four-inch screen, with the Android buttons more or less painted over the lower third -- the screen lights up underneath them in white to illuminate them. Samsung says it's just easier for marketing purposes to say it's two screens, but that they're selectively turning on the bottom portion of the display for the ticker. As far as battery life, it's a 1500mah battery that'll last about a day, we're told -- the lower screen turns on whenever a notification comes in, but since it's a smaller screen the battery life is on par with the Fascinate."

The competition in the smartphone market is heating up and I just hope when HP/Palm release the next batch of phones, they surpass what's currently available in the market. Palm has done a good job with WebOS 2.0 and what it does best with multitasking. Let's also hope this trasitions into the hardware as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post

From Engadget:

Yea I read that later on in the day. But the point I am trying to make is that you will never be able to unleash the full glory of the screen because it is split into two. On Webos the notifications take up screen space but if you want the extra real estate you can have it. Though I would like being able to see a missed call or a text message without turning on my phone.
    I was trying to make this point as well but got a fair amount of push back

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2756157
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS