Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21  
    Just giving you a hard time, everybody has their own personal preferences, but I admit I was astonished to read that there wasn't a button. Personally, I'd like both methods to be available, because I'd like to be able to acces the location bar without scrolling to the top.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    Just giving you a hard time, everybody has their own personal preferences, but I admit I was astonished to read that there wasn't a button. Personally, I'd like both methods to be available, because I'd like to be able to acces the location bar without scrolling to the top.
    and don't forget "shake to reload" which would be great as long as sensitivity can be adjusted.
  3. #23  
    I haven't added the shake to reload patch. It's baked into the latest Facebook app, but I can't say that I prefer it over the button.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    I'm not so sure about that.
    I always assume the best in my fellow man. So I'm hoping he was kidding. It's generally a safe assumption that there is a lot of poking and joking when people reply to a dbd post, after all!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    If it was webOS, you could've just made a patch for that. There's a patch that let's you refresh the page just by shaking your phone. But, you're on Android. No patch for you!
    LOL Since it's Android, I don't need to patch it. Also, there are plenty of other browsers to choose from since they are simply apps in the Market. There are also plenty of "shake your phone to do x" apps in the Market. But, you're on webOS. No apps for you!
  6. #26  
    One such example:
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I always assume the best in my fellow man. So I'm hoping he was kidding. It's generally a safe assumption that there is a lot of poking and joking when people reply to a dbd post, after all!
  8.    #28  
    Thanks again, taharka.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    Why not include a refresh button that floats over the page? Seems so much easier than drilling through all those sub-menus.
    There is nothing to drill. Tap Menu > Refresh.

    Android tries to get everything off the screen when you browse so that every bit of the screen is usable. Tap Menu and everything pops up.

    There are however a ton of free browsers to try like Dolphin HD. Opera is just coming out as are several others. Pick the one you like. There are a ton to pick from.

    I like the basic browser because you only get such a small space and it makes it all count.

    - Craig
  10. #30  
    OP prolly tried asking on an Android forum and they told him to f*** off. One MORE reason webOS rules. He got his answer here.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    OP prolly tried asking on an Android forum and they told him to f*** off. One MORE reason webOS rules. He got his answer here.
    op is pretty much a staple in these forums,and well liked and respected. I am willing to bet he did not ask on a android forum first.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    op is pretty much a staple in these forums,and well liked and respected. I am willing to bet he did not ask on a android forum first.
    Woah. I'm mobile right now and I don't spend spend too much time on these forums mobile. I'm used to seeing the big llama! I didn't think to look tonight who posted it. Had I seen that I wouldn't have posted what I did. Mah bad. Mostly my post was commentary on a tour I took of the Android Central forums. People didn't seem too helpful there and I found a couple people being outright mean. Anyway. Meant no disrespect to anyone here.

    Whudup Mr. Doinit?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    op is pretty much a staple in these forums,and well liked and respected. I am willing to bet he did not ask on a android forum first.
    well liked, sure. respected? you know that Llamas spit at people, right?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 11/06/2010 at 12:27 AM.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    well liked, sure. respected? you know that Llamas spit at peole, right?
    ok,i take that back,lmfao
  15. #35  
    Llama's also do their business in public, hard to ask for respect after that.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  16. #36  
    As many have said:

    Scroll to the top or
    Hit menu then hit refresh or
    Download another browser


    I'm with some here...i like unobstructed views of my web page. Also, i barely find a need to refresh on my phone.
  17. #37  
    +1 on the Android unobstructed views of my web pages.
  18.    #38  
    I dl'd Dolphin HD.
    LOTS of tweakability... Lovin' it.
  19. #39  
    Dolphin HD is really cool huh? Reminds me of Firefox on desktops in terms of flexibility and plugins.
  20. susanoo26's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Dolphin HD is really cool huh? Reminds me of Firefox on desktops in terms of flexibility and plugins.
    big thumbs up for the Dolphin Browser suggestion. it is pretty amazing....by far the best mobile browser I've seen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions