1.    #1  
    Google instant search is now available for Android and iOS. WebOS is left out, again!!
    Google Instant for Mobile goes live on Android and iPhone (video) -- Engadget
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Google instant search is now available for Android and iOS. WebOS is left out, again!!
    Yea google no likey webos atm

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  3.    #3  
    I swear, only thing we need is turn by turn directions and better maps, rest I really dont care
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Don't worry you guys will be getting just type and those of us using Android will be left out...lol.
    Android has had just type since 1.5. Tap the Search key and just type:

• text Bill Byrne Let's meet at 6 o'clock on fifth avenue outside the guggenheim museum
    • listen to Jimmy Buffet
    • call John Chase at home
    • email to Ted McKee Just confirming our meeting with John at 10 tomorrow
    • note to self Find paperwork for John
    • navigate to Olive Garden in [town]
    • go to wikipedia

iPhones and Androids can Just Talk as well. In Android, long press the Search key and say any of those things as well. Listen to how naturally he is speaking in the Introduction Video.

Just Type is from 2008. You promote features that put you ahead. You "slip-stream" feature additions to catch up, meaning that you talk about them like they have always been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Back to the topic, this is the same Google Instant Search that you can use on your PC. I used Instant Search this morning to see who won the governor's race in Ohio.

I got as far as typing "Oh" and the first option was "Ohio election results" and it pooped up the hit showing that Kasich won.

Scary that it knew what I was thinking...
    Google has never bothered to update Google Maps for webOS, why should we expect them to extend Google Instant Search to webOS. Maybe it is time for HP to start pulling some of its advertising money from Google; that may get their attention!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Instant Search works on my Pixi Plus.

FYI.
    I find the Google instant search feature extremely annoying and always disable it when using Google on the computer.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  9.    #9  
    I think its always nice to have an option