Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VCAST, GPS on webOS, ESPN VPN and anything else that Verizon can get its hands ot to bring in another nickel or dime - they will!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    VCAST, GPS on webOS, ESPN VPN and anything else that Verizon can get its hands ot to bring in another nickel or dime - they will!
    So far my two Verizoni Android Programs consist of their NFL software (free, not available in the market) and my FIOS control software (free, not available in the Android market). Oh no! I'm doomed! Verizon will own me AND my first born.

The premise of this thread has got to be a joke. Clutch, are you really so concerned about the well-being of all those helpless, clueless, Verizon patsies or are you just practicing your trolling technique?
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    also means that verizon no longer 'needs' the app store. There is nothing that will prevent them from locking out the appstore on future updates/devices.
    how about common sense. One of the major selling points of an android device is the 100,000 apps in the catalog. Why would Verizon want to take that away from their users?

there was never anything stopping big V from blocking the appstore. They just didn't do it because they aren't dumb.

all they are doing is providing a way for Verizon customers to easily access applications provided by Verizon. In no way does this spell doom.

as much as other carriers have been aping off of Verizons successful 'Droid' brand, can you blame them for wanting to provide exclusive content to their customers?
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 11/05/2010 at 08:01 AM.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    how about common sense. One of the major selling points of an android device is the 100,000 apps in the catalog. Why would Verizon want to take that away from their users?

there was never anything stopping big V from blocking the appstore. They just didn't do it because they dumb.

all they are doing is providing a way for Verizon customers to easily access applications provided by Verizon. In no way does this spell doom.

as much as other carriers have been aping off of Verizons successful 'Droid' brand, can you blame them for wanting to provide exclusive content to their customers?
    This isn't about verizon bloatware apps.. That all carriers provide...

Take a look at what they did already with vcast app store on blackberry... The difference there though is that most bberry users are aware of app world and won't pay so much attn to vcast. Here you don't have that

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

Take a look at what they did already with vcast app store on blackberry... The difference there though is that most bberry users are aware of app world and won't pay so much attn to vcast. Here you don't have that.
    I think the opposite is more true. Moto and Verizon Droid ads stress the number and variety of apps so customers use Android's app library as a discriminator in their phone-purchasing decision. Blackberry ads focus more on the included blackberry apps. Additionally, Blackberry's AppWorld program is often omitted from OS upgrades and must be manually fetched from the RIM site to regain access to the store. Further, RIM admits to a problem where the App World icon cannot be found on new or upgraded blackberries.

In short, the BB culture regarding 3rd party apps just isn't as pervasive as the Android culture - and BB users are less likely to know about an app store outside of the VCast one. Android purchasers, on the other hand, quickly head to the Market to customize their interface or get that copy of Angry Birds downloaded shortly after a purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

Take a look at what they did already with vcast app store on blackberry... The difference there though is that most bberry users are aware of app world and won't pay so much attn to vcast. Here you don't have that

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url= Beta[/url]
    are you implying that most Verizon android users are unaware of the Android Marketplace? Give me a break... It's a major DROID selling point. Verizon mentions the android marketplace in 99% of their droid commercials. Their reps make an effort to make it visible to new customers.

you've got to be kidding. Do you think that the millions of android customers are just going to forget that the marketplace exists?

I'm sorry, this thread is absolutely ridiculous.

PS, when my girlfriend got her blackberry, the appworld icon magically showed up on her phone a week later. Something tells me android users are ALOT more likely to know about their app options.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 11/05/2010 at 08:12 AM.
    now lets see if this new update locks the GPS in these driods and forces ppl to pay for VZ navigator to unlock it.
    gonna get alot of kids in trouble with their parents.. they wont need a credit card now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12