Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Samsung is coming out with so many first's:

-- Super Amoled Screen, I know they make it but still they are the first

-- Bluetooth 3.0

and Now they are the first phone to be wifi direct certified.

Plus they may come out with a dual core processor before Palm does.

Other than touchstone I can think of any other hardware first for palm/HP.

I hope this changes in future.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Inductive charging was not created by HP/Palm so remove the touchstone from the first list...
    If the internet comments teach us anything, its that just because your "First!", doesn't make you the best.

clearly this is the best analogy
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    If the internet comments teach us anything, its that just because your "First!", doesn't make you the best.

clearly this is the best analogy
    No but it does make you First! And in the "real" world being first has its rewards.

First to cross the finish line is better than second!
    First to withdraw money from a limited sized account is better than second!
    First to be with a girl is better than sloppy seconds.

etc etc etc
    Back in the day, was it the Blackberry or the Treo that first had a keyboard? Whichever it was, they made emailing and texting(which wasn't popular back then) a lot easier.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    We need to have something first in hardware, ofcourse before Apple comes and says they did it first.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    in the words of the great ricky bobby' if your not first,your last'
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    No but it does make you First! And in the "real" world being first has its rewards.

First to cross the finish line is better than second!
    First to be with a girl is better than sloppy seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    in the words of the great ricky bobby' if your not first,your last'
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese Bobby
    Your teacher wants you to go slow, and she's wrong because it's the fastest who get paid and it's the fastest who get laid.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I think the pre's camera was the very first to have EDOF technology on a mobile device. not too sure about that though.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    gesture area

mirror on back of slider
    First to have a phone that had customers requiring ten replacements.
    I agree with the first for gestures. Has any other phone done that? First web based OS. Inductive charging may not have been new but the pre is the fist PHONE to use it right? I think Palm had a good handful of firsts. They just didn't promote them well enough.
    And also, why does samsungs Bada OS look so much like Android? They couldn't come up with something original. Props to Palm for that.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I agree with the first for gestures. Has any other phone done that? First web based OS. Inductive charging may not have been new but the pre is the fist PHONE to use it right? I think Palm had a good handful of firsts. They just didn't promote them well enough.
    There has been web based os on pcs for some time.

Na there was those power mat chargers for some time before the pre and it had adapters to charge phones. Palm just pulled an apple and made it better.
    Gesture "area" maybe. Gestures, definitely not.
    And also, why does samsungs Bada OS look so much like Android? They couldn't come up with something original. Props to Palm for that.
    How do you resolve calling samsung unoriginal for having something that resembles Android while crediting Palm with originality for having something that resembles iOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Gesture "area" maybe. Gestures, definitely not.
    What other phones are you speaking of?

How do you resolve calling samsung unoriginal for having something that resembles Android while crediting Palm with originality for having something that resembles iOS?
    I dont see a resemblance at all to iOS in WebOS.
    What other phones are you speaking of?
    Are you really asking what other phone uses gestures?
    I dont see a resemblance at all to iOS in WebOS.
    Really? You don't? Wow.
    Are you really asking what other phone uses gestures?Really? You don't? Wow.
    Ok? Thanks for the detailed replies to my questions. lol
    Ok? Thanks for the detailed replies to my questions. lol
    my samsung omnia i910 which I left the for the pre, has a swipe up from the bottom of the screen (actually starting off the screen) to show what apps you are running and allow switching/closing of the apps for multitasking.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast