1.    #1  
    interesting read.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371776,00.asp

[Edit: Link corrected]
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 11/02/2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Link corrected
    Were you attempting to link this PCMag article? The link you posted was unusable.
    Very interesting.

Thnxs.

[i]-- Sent from my palm pre
    [QUOTE]Tim Bajarin -
    The other company who really understands this OS vision and opportunity is HP. It did not buy Palm and its Web OS just for use in smartphones. The Palm OS is also highly extensible and will power the new Palm smartphones, as well as HP's printers, tablets and netbooks, and it could be integrated into many other digital devices in the future. Palm OS also has a solid SDK and will develop an app ecosystem that also can be used across devices, making it, potentially, the third key OS used on all of the screens in our lives.[/QUOTE]

This was a very interesting article that looked past the smartphones to what some call a "digital ecosystem" and envisioned an OS that could work across multiple devices. Exactly what HP has been touting as the future of HP webOS. Nice catch OP!

Edit: Note how the comment thread for this article was hijacked by some spam shopping services – thanks P|C moderators for keeping our site clean!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Were you attempting to link this PCMag article? The link you posted was unusable.
    That is what he meant. Somehow there are stange spacers between the characters in the link. I corrected the link.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=not-yet-pre;2741781][QUOTE]Tim Bajarin -
    The Palm OS is also highly extensible and will power the new Palm smartphones, as well as HP's printers, tablets and netbooks, and it could be integrated into many other digital devices in the future. Palm OS also has a solid SDK and will develop an app ecosystem that also can be used across devices, making it, potentially, the third key OS used on all of the screens in our lives.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see webOS talked up, but this is kind of a pointless article and the guy doesn't really seem to know the systems he is talking about. For example, he says about MeeGo: "Today it is aimed at smartphones and could eventually find its way onto a tablet, but it would need a great deal of work to make it a true cross-device platform OS". If you just look at the front page of meego.com, you can see that Nokia and Intel would beg to differ.
  7.    #7  
    thanks for fixing the link.
    I agree with the article. Now we all wait in anticipation to see what HP/Palm does next with HP webOS

My Themes:CLICK HERE