At 0:57 she swipes the keyboard away. They stole that from webOS! #kidding
    i was reading about this earlier and i think getting used to the positions of the keys would take a lot of work... although i believe they are customizable ...

very interesting indeed
    I saw that today and was like....my mind barely got swype to work well (for me personally).

I would **** my pants trying to use this.

That music player looks awesome though....i use Lithium now but i'm thinking of using something else cause i have some small issues with it and there is no shortage of mp3 player apps i can use instead so why not?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Looks like something cool to show off but seems to be a lot of work to actually use it. But swype is pretty easy to use and its fast and blind type is all about screwing up while typing.

I think we quit using rotary phones for a reason no need to bring the style back with touchscreen typing.
    Very interesting, I'm all for them redesigning the keyboard for virtual devices, would really like it if Palm come up with an ingenious solution and pushed it in their phones.
    The only reason the standard keyboard is easy to pick up is because you've been using it since you've been involved with computers. She makes a valid point, if mobile devices existed prior to the standard keyboard our input methos would probably be radically different. I don't know if this solution is any good (i haven't tried it) but I think we should be looking for a method that makes more sense...

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I can't use the keyboard(using Swiftkey), but the music app rocks!!! Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Look pretty cool, but I think I'd rather have a Fitaly keyboard

not that Fitaly is available for WebOS yet. . .
    not surprise with the keyboard but how cold is the player - great soft
    []
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I can't use the keyboard(using Swiftkey), but the music app rocks!!! Thanks!
    I love how fast I am with SwiftKey!

- Craig
    Interesting. Not sure it is the best implementation, but on the right path.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I love how fast I am with SwiftKey!

- Craig
    Yeah, I don't think I can use any other keyboard after using it. Maybe Swype, but it's not out in the market and I missed the beta and they didn't put it on my lowly phones, lol. .
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You might check SlideIT out. They have a free trial offer.

Dasur SlideIT - Mobile text input for Touch screen devices
    there also winamp for android Winamp - Android app on AppBrain

i also saw a player on a samsung phone that looked promising but that may have been only for samsung phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I can use any other keyboard after using it. Maybe Swype, but it's not out in the market and I missed the beta and they didn't put it on my lowly phones, lol. .
    You can still get the .apk if you search hard enough. I liked Swype for a bit, but it becomes cumbersome sometimes. I"m actually using the Moto X keyboard on my Evo. Its wonderful.
    I did see the Swype .apk but it was only for high resolution screens, which my lowly mid range phone does not have, lol. Then I read Swype became unhappy that their software was being distributed that way and asked XDA to remove their links, oh well. Let's see if they restart the beta, but I may not even use them now due to SwiftKey having an accessible beta to test. Closing off their software cost them a possible customer. Not that one person matters but I wish developers weren't so paranoid when people actually want to use their products.

And I also downloaded Winamp before I even knew about PowerAmp. I use the desktop version to rip CDs. I have them both on my phone. Winamp is simpler, it just needs an equalizer.

I don't get why they don't just put Swype in the marketplace....it works...its worked the last two versions...they ship it on phones.....why limit your sales???
    I just downloaded 8pen.
    I love creativity, and this is definitely creative. It's just gonna take a few days to get used to it.

Until now, I've been using SlideIT (which I LOVE).