1.    #1  

I just bought a Samsung Transform and I want to move some of the games and apps that I have on the device, so they run off the memory card. There is a very limited amount of storage space on the device and I don't want it being used up in that way. So how is this done? I have been told it is possible, but no one has been able to tell me how to do it. Any help will be appreciated.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

You need 2.2. I believe the option will show up then.

I forgot, Sprint or Samsung promised the upgrade for the Transform to 2.2 before the end of the year.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 11/01/2010 at 05:39 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I just bought a Samsung Transform and I want to move some of the games and apps that I have on the device, so they run off the memory card. There is a very limited amount of storage space on the device and I don't want it being used up in that way. So how is this done? I have been told it is possible, but no one has been able to tell me how to do it. Any help will be appreciated.
    Diva's right. The Transform is an Android 2.1 phone and Android 2.2 is needed for running programs from the SD Card. In Android 2.2, programs can be moved to the SD card in Preferences --> Manage Applications --> [Choose Application] --> Move to SD Card.
    Note though, smart/good developers will have the .apk file install to your phone then download stuff separately once you open the app that go to the SD card.

Games do this often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Note though, smart/good developers will have the .apk file install to your phone then download stuff separately once you open the app that go to the SD card.

Games do this often.
    Good point. It's especially important on programs with large graphics libraries like Games (as Brain pointed out) and programs with large data libraries like Co-Pilot Live navigation.