Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    The guys over at XDA-Dev are working on a webOS port to the HTC Hero. It looks like they will need some assistance from the PreCentral devs and it would be prudent to probably start a Wiki too to help each other.
    Interesting choice of hardware... the Hero's even slower than the Pixi.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here

See: Xda-developers forum eyes webOS port for HTC Hero Boy Genius Report

If they can port webOS to the Hero, then they can go to any phone or tablet. Maybe they will still be able to keep the 100,000 Android apps and all the setting options?

Also once this ROM is done you could take out the pieces you like and add them into another ROM.

It's java, CSS, and HTML so it was just a matter of time.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 10/29/2010 at 08:32 PM.
    You can also see his thread here on P|C:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...oid-phone.html
    hp palm already has one in the making from scratch . its probably close to testing already or in testing.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    And I highly doubt the hero is anything close to a superphone; Actually they pre has better specs.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    And I highly doubt the hero is anything close to a superphone; Actually they pre has better specs.
    I certainly like the Pre better
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hp palm already has one in the making from scratch . its probably close to testing already or in testing.
    Thus the question mark. I don't think this is a serious contender, but it certainly shows the desire for webOS on different hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by fonefrenzy View Post
    The guys over at XDA-Dev are working on a webOS port to the HTC Hero. It looks like they will need some assistance from the PreCentral devs and it would be prudent to probably start a Wiki too to help each other.
    You realize there were two posts on this here yesterday and you just created yet another post on the subject.

Oh, and the two from yesterday were by one of the people doing the port.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    It's java, CSS, and HTML so it was just a matter of time.
    Small correction: "javascript". huge difference.
    no they can't without a gesture area
    it won't work there is no place for a gesture area and that a big part of webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by broy83 View Post
    it won't work there is no place for a gesture area and that a big part of webOS
    Read the link in the second post... they address that issue there.
    *** precentral members why is it that the xda guys seem so happy and jumping at the opportunity to get webos on their device yet our very own precentral members are filled with negativity and "they cant do it" or "it cant be done" im sure with our minds combined it could happen and this is a thread about helping the xda developers not a thread to complain about how it cannot be done. imho if you not have something to contribute to the project dont bring your negativity to it and im sure we can all get along without the negative comments about their hardware and how it cannot be done... we need to think of ways of how it is possible, as i truly believe it can be done it is all of matter of how we are to accomplish this task...
    Why not port WebOS to EVO or Droid-2?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    start small if they can port it to simple hardware like the hero then it will give a starting point for other hardware like the evo or galaxy tab
    Moderator can u merge this forum with the one in the webos development forum?
    So no-one has considered the fact that such a port would be an illegal use of Palm's proprietary OS assets?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So no-one has considered the fact that such a port would be an illegal use of Palm's proprietary OS assets?

-- Rod
    umm i dont think it is.... the reason i say this is that the guys from xda got the source code for the port from palm's own website... my question is this... why would palm put up its code if it were illegal??
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast