Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I read it.

I just wonder why I don't have the issue and neither do my two friends that have the Evo.
    LOOT Forever !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Agreed with OP, sound is tinny and app is lacking. I do miss the operating system of my pre and the physical keyboard, but I do like the hardware of the EVO. Waitng for better palm...impatiently, lol.
    The last Evo update (the one after froyo) fixed the sound issue for me.

Is yours fully updated? Sounds great now.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post

Is yours fully updated? Sounds great now.
    It was just an AAC codec issue, and IIRC had nothing to do with the EVO, but rather Android. There's tons of stuff about it over at XDA. The original Froyo update was missing AAC drivers. The initial solution was to port them from a previous build.

If anyone here was a WinMo user, you may recall that with Windows Mobile 6+, certain driver .dlls responsible for wmv, etc, were renamed. The popular TCPMP media player suddenly couldn't play back certain formats, whereas on WM5 it worked fine. The solution was to download the .dlls someone copied out of wm5, and throw them in the Windows directory. I think eventually they repackaged TCPMP to find the new files, but this sort of thing happens all the time with fragmented systems.

Its the price you pay for "open-ness".

(PS. while I'm using a Pre at the moment, I'm not knocking the fragmentation of Android or even WinMo. Its a tradeoff that usually comes with wider application audiences and versatility. I use them all, and probably will swap back to Android shortly).
    Eh it effected me for about a month...i survived haha. Yeah i knew it was froyo, but the Evo specifically was updated to fix the issue by HTC.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Eh it effected me for about a month...i survived haha. Yeah i knew it was froyo, but the Evo specifically was updated to fix the issue by HTC.
    Ah. Makes sense. I wonder how other Froyo devices fared.
  8.    #28  

Is yours fully updated?
    Yep, mine's fully up to date.
    I wish I knew why yours sounds better.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    To fix it just swipe backwards... oh.. yea thats right! lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Yep, mine's fully up to date.
    I wish I knew why yours sounds better.
    Hmmm weird. I mean, i'd try to uninstinall then reinstall perhaps? If that doesn't work...maybe just try to wipe your phone?

Actually, let me double check my gf's phone tonight, i just remembered i have a custom ROM on my phone and maybe thats why its fixed. I'll let you know.
  11.    #31  
    Hmmm weird. I mean, i'd try to uninstinall then reinstall perhaps? If that doesn't work...maybe just try to wipe your phone?

Actually, let me double check my gf's phone tonight, i just remembered i have a custom ROM on my phone and maybe thats why its fixed. I'll let you know.
    Okay, thanks...
    I'll be on the lookout for your answer.

I remember you as one of the first volunteers on my helper thread sticky thingy last year.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis
    Well?

What happened, you guys broke up or something?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12