Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    ...not to be a cheap shot at the iphone...
    ...maybe you held your iPhone wrong and couldnt make a call...
    Irony: Trying an convince someone that you did not create this thread to take cheap shots at the iphone, while actually taking a cheap shot at the iphone.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Irony: Trying an convince someone that you did not create this thread to take cheap shots at the iphone, while actually taking a cheap shot at the iphone.
    Ok, I pointed out the classic antenna's problem to get that guy off the thread. But to be honest I think the iPhone is a really cool phone. I think Apple got it right iOS is pretty good although I like webos better. Im just pointing out that people criticize palm for remaking the pre twice when apple did it 3 times
    I think the real reason they are pushing Evo and Epic more than they did the pre is because they are on 4g, not so much that they are Android because by now everyone knows that game and is just wowed by it. When Android was truly emerging about a year ago Sprint had the Moment and Hero coming out and pushed those two about the same as the pre and pixi. So I guess I agree with you
    Yeah, it's a little funny. Many people blame Sprint for Palm's failure. The carriers simply want new subscribers. A device only matters to them in regards to how many subscribers it can help bring in and retain. Shortly after Sprint got its exclusive (and long before it was over), Palm worked out a deal with Verizon. No problem there, except for the fact that they allowed Verizon to make it publicly known that there was a new deal and that you didn't have to switch to Sprint (just wait until Jan.). I'm not saying this is why Sprint isn't carrying the Pre 2, but it probably didn't help matters much.

I get the feeling that, in the end, Sprint simply didn't want the Pre Plus and they don't want the Pre 2. People are speculating that it's because they are waiting for whatever comes out at CES but I have a feeling that's not the case.

In the end, the Pre was the egg that fell off of the wall and no amount of marketing could have fixed it. Maybe their luck will change with the Pre 2 but I doubt it.
    Ok, I pointed out the classic antenna's problem to get that guy off the thread. But to be honest I think the iPhone is a really cool phone. I think Apple got it right iOS is pretty good although I like webos better. Im just pointing out that people criticize palm for remaking the pre twice when apple did it 3 times
    No worries, I was just poking a little fun.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    No worries, I was just poking a little fun.
    Dont worry man, I didnt take it too close to heart
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    He is a guy. Some people, especially in the US, don't know that Rene is a unisex name so they just assume he's a she.
    I've only met one Rene that was a guy, mybad for not doing more research on it....I just saw the name and the quote....that was about it, I actually thought about it, and really wasn't worth my time to check into it more, sorry Rene
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    You get the difference between refreshing a successful model, and refreshing a failed model, right?
    What he said.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234