Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21  
    I guess I was to pointed in what I was saying. I don't necessarily think that Palm should be looking into patent lawsuits. I am just seeing other companies take what Palm has perfected (or at least does better than others) and they are taking those ideas whereas Palm should have been first out the door with this. Now it will be an uphill fight for the PalmPad (and it's only going to get worse).


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Take what legal action? HP/Palm did not invent multitasking, scrolling thru displayed apps, minimizing apps, and swiping the screen to cause things to happen.

    What HP/Palm did was coin the phase "Apps in Cards".

    The reason I said that was because, after reading the webos roundup article, they stated HP/Palm has a patent on the cards style multitasking. And if this is the case, then it's obvious that the Playbook has copied it; especially when the guy in the video says: "he's just tossing the cards away".

    There's my reason for saying they should take legal action. I guess we'll see what end's up happening.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    The reason I said that was because, after reading the webos roundup article, they stated HP/Palm has a patent on the cards style multitasking. And if this is the case, then it's obvious that the Playbook has copied it; especially when the guy in the video says: "he's just tossing the cards away".

    There's my reason for saying they should take legal action. I guess we'll see what end's up happening.
    If Palm have a patent, they have a patent on displaying apps in "Cards" - the "Cards" as a container for the apps. On the Playbook what is displayed are the ACTUAL apps.

    The guy in the video that says: "he's just tossing the cards away" was the Engadget guy, not any of the Blackberry guys.

    I've seen multiple video presentation of the Blackberry Playbook and they do not say "Cards" they are saying "Applications" or "Apps". I believe that the Playbook is minimizing, maximizing, and throwing away the ACTUAL apps, not apps INSIDE of a container.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    If Palm have a patent, they have a patent on displaying apps in "Cards" - the "Cards" as a container for the apps. On the Playbook what is displayed are the ACTUAL apps.

    The guy in the video that says: "he's just tossing the cards away" was the Engadget guy, not any of the Blackberry guys.

    I've seen multiple video presentation of the Blackberry Playbook and they do not say "Cards" they are saying "Applications" or "Apps". I believe that the Playbook is minimizing, maximizing, and throwing away the ACTUAL apps, not apps INSIDE of a container.
    Apps inside of a container is the same as saying "app" for the most part. Technically, is is the visual representation of the app (the UI) that is in a container (and is pretty much always in some sort of container though the container may have different names).

    In webOS, apps are displayed in "cards". In Windows or MacOS, they are displayed in "windows". In a browser they may be displayed in divs or frames or the browser's "window". In the end, it's just a name for the control that is used to display the app.

    There are other apps that have no visual components (like services on Android for example).

    So it doesn't matter if the guy says cards or windows or apps. In this case, they mean the same thing.

    It will be interesting to see if HP takes any sort of action on this. It will be more interesting to see if Apple or Microsoft (or Xerox?) take any action against HP since "displaying apps in a visual container" is nothing new.
  5. #25  
    Oh, pleeeease HP, sue RIM for those cards. It will show HP is not playing with a full deck. The entertainment will heat up when Apple steps in as a friend of the court with a demonstration of mobile Safari. HP will be countersued back to the stone ages. Bring it!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    It will show HP is not playing with a full deck.
    ^ I like what you did there.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions