Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    The smooth rounded corners and the size makes it a perfect fit for my hands. Some of those other phones feel downright awkward.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Yes, I agree. And it fits in that little blue jeans change pocket of my perfectly, as if it were designed to do so.

Though I'm a little worried about whether the glass screen of the Pre2 might be prone to cracking if stored in the change pocket.
    I agree 100%! And that suede slip-on pouch makes it even better! No hard cases for me!
    First introduce to webos > $50 ~ finding out how wonderful webos is > $150 ~ Getting a pre to fit in my jeans pocket >> "PRICELESS"
    I don't see why everyone is hating on Palm for the form factor and calling the hardware "out-dated".

Not all of us want a huge monstrocity for a phone. Everyone's following the let's make it big and bulky!

Give me a small form factor, sliding portrait keyboard and a fast reliable Web OS experience and you'll have me sold. Based on everything I've seen, the Pre 2 will deliver! (Now we just need to make sure it lands on Sprint!)

The Droid X and other huge phones these days reminds me of this..

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I was never a pocket kind of guy, always used belt clips. Still, having the Pre on my belt beats having a VCR.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    awesome secret!!!112 i just noticed it fits in my pocket.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Didn't you know the size of your phone is inversely proportional to the size of your vegetable?
    I do love the size and form factor. Small, but convenient!
    Yea, I don't really understand the desire for a huge form factor either. If you just want a big screen to look at then get a tablet.
    @marcjen, that big phone shold be one of hp's new form factors at ces, lol!

I was looking for a smaller smartphone when I first came across the palm pre videos from ces 2009, and I loved it. I do have to admit tho, whenever I see bigger screens now, I want them X(
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I don't think it is the form as much as the crappy hardware issues that many have experienced and they are pretty much staying with the same form. If this would have been a rock solid form to begin with, it would be a non issue.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
    I don't see why everyone is hating on Palm for the form factor and calling the hardware "out-dated".

Not all of us want a huge monstrocity for a phone. Everyone's following the let's make it big and bulky!

Give me a small form factor, sliding portrait keyboard and a fast reliable Web OS experience and you'll have me sold. Based on everything I've seen, the Pre 2 will deliver! (Now we just need to make sure it lands on Sprint!)

When are people going to stop acting as if a 3.5-4" screen equals a giant phone????

Here look for yourself!!!!

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...e-pre-2-a.html

The captivate is nearly identical in size as the pre close and has a 4" screen... The pre is longer open...

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder
    • Overal Size: The Captivate is smaller at 2.50" x 4.17" x 0.39" = 4.1 cubic inches vs. Pre 2.3 x 4 x 0.7 = 6.4 cubic inches (closed)
    • Screen Size: 4.0" vs. 3.1"
    • Resolution: 480 x 800 HD is double the 320 x 480
    The nexus one has a 3.7" screen 4.69 x 2.35 x 0.45 (119 x 59.8 x 11.5 mm) and is only .69" bigger than the pre closed yet the pre is longer when open which is not needed on the nexus because of onscreen kb...

Or how about the Dell Venue Pro with its 4.1" screen and portrait slider and still only clocks in @ .76" bigger than the pre closed 4.76 x 2.54 x 0.59 (121 x 64.4 x 14.9 mm)

Let look at the EVO fat daddy with a 4.3" screen... only .8" bigger 1.2" bigger screen and the gain is less than an 1" 4.8" x 2.6" x 0.5" (122 x 66 x 12.7 mm)

Sorry big screen do not =

Get over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    When are people going to stop acting as if a 3.5-4" screen equals a giant phone????

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...e-pre-2-a.html

The captivate is nearly identical in size as the pre close and has a 4" screen... The pre is longer open...

The nexus one has a 3.7" screen 4.69 x 2.35 x 0.45 (119 x 59.8 x 11.5 mm) and is only .69" bigger than the pre closed yet the pre is longer when open which is not needed on the nexus because of onscreen kb...

Or how about the Dell Venue Pro with its 4.1" screen and portrait slider and still only clocks in @ .76" bigger than the pre closed 4.76 x 2.54 x 0.59 (121 x 64.4 x 14.9 mm)

Let look at the EVO fat daddy with a 4.3" screen... only .8" bigger 1.2" bigger screen and the gain is less than an 1" 4.8" x 2.6" x 0.5" (122 x 66 x 12.7 mm)

Sorry big screen do not =

Get over it...
    I personally have handled the Galaxy S. And I hate it.

I hate how I can't swipe my thumb motion from edge to edge horizontally and holding it comfortable.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    because it fits in my nikon coolpix s200 leather belt clip?

Quote Originally Posted by marcjen View Post

But the problem lies within your own statement... Not everyone wants a huge phone right? So what makes u think everyone wants a small phone? U like small phones but my pre used to feel really small to me being 6' 2" 220. I dont wear super tight skinny jeans so a 4.3" or 4.0" phone fits in my pockets just fine. After having the evo which in your opinion is a huge phone I could never go back to a small phone... The evo is a huge seller... Which lets people know there is a market out there for big phones. How smart is it of palm to totally miss that market? Thats what people are saying!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I personally have handled the Galaxy S. And I hate it.

I hate how I can't swipe my thumb motion from edge to edge horizontally and holding it comfortable.
    Did somebody force you, at gun point, to buy that phone? Given all the choices in the marketplace today, why would anyone purchase and continue to use a phone they hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post

Get over it...
    Have looked. Part of being bigger also includes "blockiness." I can tell you right now you're mistaken to believe that the screen on the Pre can get much bigger without effecting the width and height of the device. If they continue the flat face of the Pre 2 into future iterations they MIGHT be able to eek it up to 3.5" of the iPhone with some creative engineering and design layout. But the strength of this design and why people would ultimately stick with it isn't the screen size but the form of the whole package.

Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    But the problem lies within your own statement... Not everyone wants a huge phone right? So what makes u think everyone wants a small phone? U like small phones but my pre used to feel really small to me being 6' 2" 220. I dont wear super tight skinny jeans so a 4.3" or 4.0" phone fits in my pockets just fine. After having the evo which in your opinion is a huge phone I could never go back to a small phone... The evo is a huge seller... Which lets people know there is a market out there for big phones. How smart is it of palm to totally miss that market? Thats what people are saying!
    Um, no actually there is no problem in his statement. He stated his preference and he's also stating an observation about what manufacturers are currently doing with their new "super" smartphones. He didn't say they should stop making larger phones but he does certainly want them to continue making the smaller phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Um, no actually there is no problem in his statement. He stated his preference and he's also stating an observation about what manufacturers are currently doing with their new "super" smartphones. He didn't say they should stop making larger phones but he does certainly want them to continue making the smaller phones.
    He just said the phones are a "huge monstrocity". Obviously thats just his opinion as I stated. ("After having the evo which in your opinion is a huge phone I could never go back to a small phone") But Palm needs to start thinking about making some of these "huge monstrocity" phones too because the pebble is not working very well, not in its current state. People are stating it is dated because look at the cheap materials used etc. That makes it look dated compared to a iphone 4, evo, or droid x in which the hardware is "simply put" Better. What other manufacturers are doing with their "Super" smartphones is better then what palm is doing.. I mean look at the sales and I dont believe its the software because people seem to like the software. Its the HARDWARE!
    Last edited by youngzayiles; 10/27/2010 at 05:22 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast