Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Did somebody force you, at gun point, to buy that phone? Given all the choices in the marketplace today, why would anyone purchase and continue to use a phone they hate?
    Huh? I was just merely pointing out my experience with it. My friend loves his Galaxy S.

Dude I think you haters are even more defensive these days.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Sorry folks, the next webos phone will have a radically different look and feel. It's obvious by sales that this form factor among other things didn't cut it. HP will look at the market and react accordingly. They are looking at a much bigger market then a couple of million loyalist. If you love webos, you will adapt. The human mind and body can get used to allot of things over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Sorry folks, the next webos phone will have a radically different look and feel. It's obvious by sales that this form factor among other things didn't cut it. HP will look at the market and react accordingly. They are looking at a much bigger market then a couple of million loyalist. If you love webos, you will adapt. The human mind and body can get used to allot of things over time.
    By adapting do you mean stockpiling Pre Pluses? If so then yes, that's what I'm doing right now.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    By adapting do you mean stockpiling Pre Pluses? If so then yes, that's what I'm doing right now.
    And why would you be doing that? To have an after market for all those webos lovers who can't adapt? Sounds like a plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Huh? I was just merely pointing out my experience with it. My friend loves his Galaxy S.

Dude I think you haters are even more defensive these days.
    "Dude," you were the one with all the hate talk. Why do you haters only talk hate about Android?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I thought this post was about the Pre's form factor? So how did it get moved to "cross platform chat"? I'm not sure I understand how is this "cross platform" rather than about the Pre or Pre2?

Also, I can't see who moved it. Usually if a post is moved an administrator posts a note saying that they moved it.

If an admin simply didn't like the thread, maybe they should have just deleted it, or made a criticism in the thread itself. Oh well.
    the Pre's screen is small, and the phone itself is too thick (16.9 mm). HP needs atleast 3.5" and less than 14 mm slider for making the next one a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    "Dude," you were the one with all the hate talk. Why do you haters only talk hate about Android?
    I just said I didn't like the 4" screen on the Galaxy S and provided my reasoning. That was my example of why a large screen does not work for me. You were the one who thought I hated Android because I mentioned Galaxy S and started your defensive stance. And other than "Galaxy S" what other reference to Android did I make?

I have no problems with the smaller models.

So I still don't see YOUR point.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10/28/2010 at 06:25 AM.

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I still think the difference is between people who primarily use their smartphone as a phone with computer-like features and people who use their smartphone as a computer replacement that they can make calls on. For the former, me included, the Pre is perfect. For the latter, the Pre's screen is too small. Both are "right".

HP should continue to offer the Pre form factor and offer the larger phone. With the rumor that HP is preparing five or six different phones, I think that's what they are going to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    I thought this post was about the Pre's form factor? So how did it get moved to "cross platform chat"? I'm not sure I understand how is this "cross platform" rather than about the Pre or Pre2?

Also, I can't see who moved it. Usually if a post is moved an administrator posts a note saying that they moved it.

If an admin simply didn't like the thread, maybe they should have just deleted it, or made a criticism in the thread itself. Oh well.
    You can thank Kupe for that. I just merely cited an example I actually used and my personal experience, and coincidentally it was running Android and someone decided to make a big fuss about it.

It's funny how bigger screen is better regarding smartphones, or so seems the mentality of it, yet Android plans to make a 7" tablet instead of a 10" which Apple has, stating people like the SMALLER screen. To me it makes sense to make a portable, every day device small screen, and entertainment device big screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    It's funny how bigger screen is better regarding smartphones, or so seems the mentality of it, yet Android plans to make a 7" tablet instead of a 10" which Apple has, stating people like the SMALLER screen. To me it makes sense to make a portable, every day device small screen, and entertainment device big screen.
    For me personally a 7" Tablet is kind of silly... LOL I try to justify using one but it doesnt really do anything my phone cant do and with a 4.3 inch screen I dont really need a 7". Ive been going over and over in my mind what Id actually use it for and I cant think of anything.. Thats why it would be nice if Palm came out with a big phone for people like me.. Browsing the internet ect on a phone that big is great for me.. Less zooming, easier to read etc.. Also I want a device without a keyboard. Less moving parts = less trips to sprint like the regular palm pre. I personally love that form factor because my iphones have never messed up on me nor my evo.. I got a feeling palm and hp may get it right this time but the problem is they may be too late... They had a great time to take the market by suprise before windows 7 but now windows 7 will have the jump and they already have more market share then palm.. But we will see.. I hope HP/palm does something because I like competition.. It makes everyone else step their game up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12