Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Only Microsoft could do something that stupid.

No custom ringtones for Windows Phone 7? (video) -- Engadget
    Last edited by wushu2004; 10/26/2010 at 05:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Interesting. Not cool at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post

Wow, I can't believe that. Hp|Palm would never do us like that.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Never underestimate corporate stupidity.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I'm sure the carriers and manufactures love this and will soon roll out methods for purchasing overpriced ringtones.
    Weird....sure it'll get added. But seeing OEM's can add their own ringtones....most likely when this phone gets hacked it'll be a quick way to add.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    I'm sure the carriers and manufactures love this and will soon roll out methods for purchasing overpriced ringtones.
    You are so right!

Money-grubbing telecos.
    Whats with the disturbing amount of ringtones on that?
    And apple of course right?

They only added ring tones if you buy on iTunes....and you still can't change your text message tone.
    So what, people will still buy it...there are a lot of people that just use the stock ringtones and can give a rats a** about custom ringtones as long as the phone it rings thats all that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    And apple of course right?

They only added ring tones if you buy on iTunes....and you still can't change your text message tone.
    Ofcourse you are incorrect. You do not need to download ringtones from iTunes to use the on the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    You looking at it all wrong.... It gives people something to PATCH onto the OS kinda like WebOS..

They must have been taken notes from Palm release half baked OS let he community fix it up for free
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Ofcourse you are incorrect. You do not need to download ringtones from iTunes to use the on the iPhone.
    Was there an update?

From what i understood...and unhacked iPhone...you can make songs you purchased off of iTunes a ringtone for an additional cost.
    Was there an update?

From what i understood...and unhacked iPhone...you can make songs you purchased off of iTunes a ringtone for an additional cost.
    You could do what you suggest, certainly. Or you can make any appropriate format sound file you want into a ringtone for the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad without hacking (Link).
    Ok....i was leaning more to "true" methods. Basically the advertised way of doing it.

To think someone won't find a way to get your own ringtone on the phone (ilke they have been doing with phones for ever) would be silly. But yes, its sad people must resort to ridiculous ways to do it.

WebOS was nice and easy, and so is android.
    Ok....i was leaning more to "true" methods. Basically the advertised way of doing it.

To think someone won't find a way to get your own ringtone on the phone (ilke they have been doing with phones for ever) would be silly. But yes, its sad people must resort to ridiculous ways to do it.

I guess you should have established your (after-the-fact, weak sauce) criteria before you so confidently declared: "They only added ring tones if you buy on iTunes....and you still can't change your text message tone."

But you're right in your last (waffling) post: webOS and Android are much simpler to add/change ringtone/notifications than iPhone ... and BBOS and WM.

What the heck are you talking about? I downloaded a bunch of compatible ring tunes from the internet and loaded them on my iPhone in about 45 seconds.

Before posting this nonsense, I recommend you try an iPhone out for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? I downloaded a bunch of compatible ring tunes from the internet and loaded them on my iPhone in about 45 seconds.

Before posting this nonsense, I recommend you try an iPhone out for yourself.
    Thanks mobileman, i'll go do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I guess you should have established your (after-the-fact, weak sauce) criteria before you so confidently declared: "They only added ring tones if you buy on iTunes....and you still can't change your text message tone."

But you're right in your last (waffling) post: webOS and Android are much simpler to add/change ringtone/notifications than iPhone ... and BBOS and WM.
    Thanks?

What phone has not been able to get custom ring tones on it?

Honestly?

Look i'll say it again:

iOS: They advertise using iTunes to buy ring tones. People figured out the proper format (as all good techies do and share with the world) and so there is a work around.

Android: You can use any audio file on your phone as a ring tone.

WebOS: You can use any audio file on your phone as a ring tone.

Blackberry: Save an audio clip in the blackberry ringtone format and upload it to your phone.

Windows Phone 7: We'll see...what we do know, you can't add ringtones from your music. Most likely, you'll be able to do the iPhone/Blackberry route.

Lets all go back to complaining about ring tones now.
    SMH yeah windows should have done better!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast