1.    #1  
    Itching Thumb Brings webOS-Like, Gesture-Based Task Management to Android

oh hell naw!

check out the link and tell me what u think?
    Still Android. Enough said.
    I think the reviews are the most interesting part of the article
    I actually like the different views the cards could do. Carousel was a nice view. xantholoid created the hyper patches for the Pre a while ago that is similiar to the inertia settings. I vote for someone creating the different card views shown on the app.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/23/2010 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I actually like the different views the cards could do carousel was a nice view. xantholoid created the hyper patches for the Pre a while ago that is similiar to the inertia settings. I vote for someone creating the different card views shown on the app.
    +1 here
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    andriod is turning into borg of cell phones. They will not stop until every cell phone has been assimilated.
    ... Andriod wants to assmilates, but I think they're going about iit in the wrong way. :O Note: As for the video in the link it won't play on the pre, because of the lack of adobe flash player... I think. :sad
    Why are you saying "Android" wants to assimilate phones, when this app was done by a "developer"? You are criticizing Android for being flexible enough to allow a developer to create an app like this? Seems like the critique should be aimed at webOS for NOT being flexible enough to allow apps like this. Strange.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Why are you saying "Android" wants to assimilate phones, when this app was done by a "developer"? You are criticizing Android for being flexible enough to allow a developer to create an app like this? Seems like the critique should be aimed at webOS for NOT being flexible enough to allow apps like this. Strange.
    I take it you've never heard of sarcasm... I swear, you so much as mention that word, and people get ANGRY!
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    Itching Thumb Brings webOS-Like, Gesture-Based Task Management to Android

oh hell naw!

check out the link and tell me what u think?
    Thanks for the link. I'm trying it out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Doesn't see the necessity of a 3rd party app for multitasking? What it comes with works great! Strange.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Doesn't see the necessity of a 3rd party app for multitasking? What it comes with works great! Strange.
    Stock Android works fine for multitasking as well.

And there's something incredibly ironic about your sig including a link to a list of homebrew that brings webOS up to an acceptable level of functionality...
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Stock Android works fine for multitasking as well.

And there's something incredibly ironic about your sig including a link to a list of homebrew that brings webOS up to an acceptable level of functionality...
    How is that ironic? So the phone doesn't (and I agree on this) come stock at an acceptable level of functionallity. I provided a link, so that somebody new to the phone and website, can get their phone up to speed. I think in the original context of my post, I said the multitasking works great, not the entire phone. Not ironic, it's called being helpful. (and I wouldn't know a thing about Android because a) I don't know a single person with one, b) I've never picked one up, c) I'm pretty happy with my phone, so why would I go and play around with another phone at a point where I don't need another phone? Oh because that's what all the phone companies want us to do, continually buy the latest, greatest phone because you don't want to be stuck with last years phone?? Gimmie a break. I will use my phone that I have until it doesn't work anymore, then, when I absolutely NEED a new phone, I'll check out what's available. If there's no webOS, or HP at that point.....so be it.
    Bottom line, the phone works for me, I like it, so do a lot of my friends (with iPhones and other phones)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    ... Andriod wants to assmilates, but I think they're going about iit in the wrong way. :O Note: As for the video in the link it won't play on the pre, because of the lack of adobe flash player... I think. :sad
    yup. I hope webos 2.0 is released to everyone in america @the same time as the pre two on verizon, if not sooner. We might need another tiraid (sp?) on twitter and facebook to get it
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Very interesting.

I think the reviews are the most interesting part of the article
    I agree! Thanks for pointing it out. I probably would not have read them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3925 View Post
    I take it you've never heard of sarcasm... I swear, you so much as mention that word, and people get ANGRY!
    LOL at you finding "anger" in my post.
    Not sure I understand your comment here. So it works great and that means "everyone" must like it that way? Hmm...there is a certain company with a logo in the shape of an already bitten fruit that is heavily criticized for that same behavior. [images of a goose and gander floating in my mind right...about...now]
    Ok I should have been more specific...It works great for me, I like it, I would not spend a cent on a 3rd party multi tasking app because I have no need for it. If a developer feels so inclined to make one up, all the power to him/her. I'm not sure how you could improve on it, except for maybe a wraparound effect, which could be done with a patch maybe? We have no where near the amount of Android apps, Apple apps(and I'm fine with that) but a new multi-tasking app is not forseeable as a wanted/needed app in my near future.
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I think that the Visual Task Switcher app does a better job of letting the user manually do his own card "multitasking."

It is really Time Sharing using saved states. No phone has true autonomous multitasking with separate CPU's, memory and IO for each task. Android just does it so fast that in a blink a previous app is up where you left off. It looks like they were all running at once but it is really just PFM, Pure Magic.

But with Android you don't have to do anything by hand. You can be three taps away from 256 apps all right where you left off. (The trick for 256 apps is getting to have folders again like we had on our old PalmOS Treo's.)

See Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android and Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks, Multitasking section for details.