Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hi guys...I'm looking to replace my Palm Pre. I've had it from day one and getting bored of the phone. I am looking at the HTC HD 7; what are your guys thoughts on that?

Like I have unlimited data, unlimited text, and unlimited talk so the Palm Pre doesn't really offer me anything to keep me engaged. The Palm Pre 2 ain't that interesting to me; so I'm waiting for the Palm superphone. Until then I am thinking the HTC HD 7 would be perfect since it has netflix and other apps which Palm is missing for now.

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of Palm...so I will be getting the next Palm superphone, the Pre just isn't cutting for me.

What are your guys thoughts?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Have fun without multi-tasking!
    Is the HD7 coming to Sprint?

I'm intrigued.
    I think this thread belongs in the goodbye thread.

I wonder about that super phone people talk about. I thought we already have it. Oops! I guess I might be wrong.

Best of luck, agusta.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBec View Post
    Have fun without multi-tasking!
    haha I think you are right. That will be one of the features that I will miss the most. But then again, its not like I'm picking up a new phone tomorrow. I am still trying to evaluate; perhaps by then there might be a new Palm phone on the horizon (except the Palm Pre 2).
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post

I'm intrigued.
    Sprint is getting the HTC HD 7 Pro. I'm liking the HTC HD line of phones.
    everyone should hold out until the next wave of webos devices are showcased in a few months, because as confermed that Foxconn (hp of course already works with them on their laptops) the same company that makes the iphone will be designing the next 4 to 5 webos devices. So CES will be ill next year, also the Palm Pad is being made by Foxconn too. Forget WM7, its obsolete, and will only sell like android because the device itself looks nice, and soon hardware will be beautiful like those devices. So why not use a device that has great hardware, and the best OS Webos......lets stay tuned.
    even the "best" os can get boring after a year or two of use. It's cool that there are several to choose from and explore. webos is the best for a person if that person returns to it after using something else.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    everyone should hold out until the next wave of webos devices are showcased in a few months, because as confermed that Foxconn (hp of course already works with them on their laptops) the same company that makes the iphone will be designing the next 4 to 5 webos devices. So CES will be ill next year, also the Palm Pad is being made by Foxconn too. Forget WM7, its obsolete, and will only sell like android because the device itself looks nice, and soon hardware will be beautiful like those devices. So why not use a device that has great hardware, and the best OS Webos......lets stay tuned.
    Sweet...I did not know about this Foxconn thing. I think I'm gonna have to wait till CES to see what goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan
    even the "best" os can get boring after a year or two of use. It's cool that there are several to choose from and explore. webos is the best for a person if that person returns to it after using something else.
    I'm still loving WebOS as a OS, its just those times I wish we had Netflix and stuff. I think Netflix will come as soon as we have a phone with a little larger screen. So probably will wait it out till CES.

My Pre has a bunch of issues like randomly turning off and vibrate button freaking out sometime haha but I can manage till CES.
    yah, I'll see what ces brings, but I actually like the look of win pho 7 alot too
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    yah, I'll see what ces brings, but I actually like the look of win pho 7 alot too
    Yup...I'm a huge fan of the Dell Venue Pro and HTC HD 7; the latter one being my fav :P If Palm can deliver on the hardware in the phone, I'm set haha. Heck even if they just rip one of the designs from the "mock-up the next Palm device" competition we had at PreCentral, I will take it haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by agusta View Post
    Until then I am thinking the HTC HD 7 would be perfect since it has netflix and other apps which Palm is missing for now.
    What apps are those?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    id wait until android is ported to it... wp7 in my mind is a fail! the UI is horrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post

I'm intrigued.
    no... sprint is getting a wp7 touchpro type phone next spring or summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    id wait until android is ported to it... wp7 in my mind is a fail! the UI is horrid.
    NOT TO MENTION several manufacturers wont even build phones for win. 7 lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Huh? what about WM7 makes it obsolete?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    What apps are those?
    Still waiting to hear what apps WM7 has that webOS doesn't have, other than the few you listed. (Netflix, etc)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Still waiting to hear what apps WM7 has that webOS doesn't have, other than the few you listed. (Netflix, etc)
    Does WebOS have Shazam and slingplayer (I'm just randomly going off a list of windows 7 apps)?
    lol i think the super webos fans are really envious of wp7 or something becuz all i hear is hate when a forum is made about wp7

webos is not that great right now and with the pre 2 aka epic fail we really have no room to talk yea we have multitasking with really aged native apps that weren't even updated with 2.0

them:

zune>
    xbox live>
    bing maps>
    there apps>
    keyboard>
    hardware>

what do we have?

cards>

so just stop you know there a competitor id take a wp7 over a ios and a android device
    I wouldn't go as far as iOS as I believe that os is going to be better then wp7 atleast for the next year, but over android, yes. However, I have been following wp8 since it's early rumors of it being gesture based which was done with the camera.. So I am completely non biased. I always watch an os grow and decide which one has the best basic functions and the most potential as well as look and ease. To that end I am rather disappointed with the look. It Is very bland, we have some zune hds and that's basically the look. Lots of plain black or white screens with words for most apps. However looks aside, it fails epically with no multitasking AND from what I've read no save states so basically every time you close an app you have to completely reopen it. And no copy paste? To me, that eliminates the ability for it to be a very productive phone. Now as far as zune, xbox live and bing maps, that gets due credit as I think it will be a good entertainment phone, just not as productive. A good social phone too as I believe it had an intigrated social app for syncing multiple social networks (I think)

However webos has synced calendars multitasking, much easier to use in my opinion, copy paste, and good looking ui as well as awesome homebrew community. I see the most potential in webos, not because of any loyalty, just based on what I know of the two os's and what I want.

So to answer the op's question, it depends what you are looking for. In my opinion blackberry should really watch out because all those kids who buy blackberry for it's social uses and keyboards, will want this as it seems great with social and entertainment, but for being productive it lacks poorly. Even iPhone had save states. However I am not 100 percent sure if it was confirmed to not have them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast