1.    #1  
    Have they given up on porting the Android to Pre? If not, what's the progress?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/23/2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Edit title
    Is it me or does this question make no sense? Your are talking about 2 separate competing Operating Systems... how can you port one to another? Are you talking about Android applications??
    Someone was porting andriod to a Pre?...Why...

Well..Of course dual boot will be nice though.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Is it me or does this question make no sense? Your are talking about 2 separate competing Operating Systems... how can you port one to another? Are you talking about Android applications??
    Sorry if I was unclear. Someone was trying to port it to the Palm Pre. Not webOS.
    if anything, webos should be ported over to other devices. if you want android, your better off buying the abundance of phones that they have out.
    Totally agree with c_leaspi - I can see porting webOS to some better hardware, but why would you want Android on a Pre? If you do, you can check the A|C forums and see if they have anything available.

<<thread title updated>>
    just my two cents, but yeah. That would be ridiculous. Port webOS to some Android hardware. Now THAT'S an idea.
    Actually, I'd prefer an android backend with a luna front end. All of the flexability and customization of droid, all of the apps (good and bad), but with the better UI of webos. That's my idea of a perfect phone. There is not ONE app on webos right now that couldn't be duplicated 100% on a droid phone. They are both linux phones after all, one is just a more complete implementation of linux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    just my two cents, but yeah. That would be ridiculous. Port webOS to some Android hardware. Now THAT'S an idea.
    WebOS on the evo and/or epic! Now there's an idea

EDIT: because of the gesture area we stuck waitin for ces.....
    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mindonmillions08 View Post
    WebOS on the evo and/or epic! Now there's an idea

EDIT: because of the gesture area we stuck waitin for ces.....
    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I'll say it again the gesture area is not some mythical magical thing. It could easily be mimicked with the touch buttons found on most android phones.

Button 1 then 2 = forward swipe... 2to1 back swipe 3to4 forward swipe any button to screen swipe up etc etc... It probably would not work as smoothly as the pre version but would work.

But ya no reason to bring android to the pre.. Waste of time