Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I just saw OSX Lion demo and the way to toggle between 2 full screen apps or a full screen app and the desktop is to do a horizontal gesture which is the same as advanced gestures introduced in webOS 1.0 July of last year.

    I agree that it is a very intuitive way and another reason why webOS is ahead of others. I think iOS 5 is going to be incorporating many of these features soon. HP needs to hurry up and get as many webOS devices in as many form factors as possible.
  2. #2  
    Link to video?

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  3.    #3  
    it is currently being broadcasted live at apple.com
  4.    #4  
    Video will be available here shortly.

    Apple - Apple Events - Apple Special Event October 2010

    I will post a you tube video of just the section once I have found it
  5. #5  
    This has been a part of osx since they intruduced the springboard style multitouch trackpads a few (I think 4 now, not entirely sure) years ago. If anything, palm copied expose from apple and brought it to mobile.

    This isn't really a bad thing. I've been following the tech industry very closely for a long time now, and if theres one absolute in the tech world, it is that everybody copies everybody.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    This has been a part of osx since they intruduced the springboard style multitouch trackpads a few (I think 4 now, not entirely sure) years ago. If anything, palm copied expose from apple and brought it to mobile.

    This isn't really a bad thing. I've been following the tech industry very closely for a long time now, and if theres one absolute in the tech world, it is that everybody copies everybody.
    This.

    It's hard to say that WebOS cards aren't a combination of Expose from OS X and Safari pages in iOS.

    If anything, I'd say OS X Lion took some cues from Windows 7. Which is just a whole new level of irony, really...
  7.    #8  
    I understand, even Steve Jobs admits it. My point was that once it is pushed to OSX iphone OS will also get it and webOS will lose even that as an advantage.

    One thing though, it was shown as a new enhancement so it was not being done before and is going to be possible with OSX Lion only.
  8. #9  
    my hope is that hp's size hasn't disrupted their inovation. That's what will help get webos equal market share as everyone else. They need to copy everyone elses best ideas, then go from there. Hopefully, they had some ideas developed before the acquisition
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandufour View Post
    Ah come on, stop it already.
    why? I don't think I stated something that is incorrect. If I did, can you show/tell me what I have stated is wrong?
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    why? I don't think I stated something that is incorrect. If I did, can you show/tell me what I have stated is wrong?
    Saying that it copied from webOS is what is incorrect. I've been doing horizontal swipes to switch apps on my MBP long before I got my first webOS device. The built-in gestures includes switching apps (a la Alt+F4 style) with a four-finger horizontal swipe in either direction. Apple simply enhanced this feature (but it is NOT a new feature).

    With apps like jiTouch, you can add even more advanced features. For example, with character-based gestures I can save any document simply by drawing an "S". I can assign a character to an app and launch that app by simply drawing that letter as a gesture.

    You know that fancy "swipe up" gesture to close a card in webOS? I was able to do that on the mac before I got my Palm Pre.

    The first thing I thought about when I saw "stacks" was exposť.
  11. #12  
    well, mac copied some ideas for the original OS from xerox... Then MS. Followed... Are you really that surprised?
  12. #13  
    Yes that is a good point, everyone does copy everything that is useful or at least almost everything.

    What I don't get is all the grandstanding presentation for a bunch of nothing. The Macbook Air looks impressive, but all the new systems say to me...get ready for Apple's new Desktop Echo System. Apple want direct Royalty access to all the software passed through their systems (phones, tablets and now laptops).

    I'm sure Adobe, Microsoft, and other Apple developers won't be happy lossing 30% off the top of their next Mac OS products. Mac users like myself might as well get used to it and embrace the new Apple darkside.

    Apple doesn't want Open simply because open means less control and bypassing their 30% embargo.

    HP needs to build and capitalize on Apple mistake. Give developer the open webOS where you can work with Palm and gain marketshare paying 30% and work and advertise on your own and keep 100% of your sales. Sounds like a great reason to develop for webOS. Sorli...
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Yes that is a good point, everyone does copy everything that is useful or at least almost everything.

    What I don't get is all the grandstanding presentation for a bunch of nothing. The Macbook Air looks impressive, but all the new systems say to me...get ready for Apple's new Desktop Echo System. Apple want direct Royalty access to all the software passed through their systems (phones, tablets and now laptops).

    I'm sure Adobe, Microsoft, and other Apple developers won't be happy lossing 30% off the top of their next Mac OS products. Mac users like myself might as well get used to it and embrace the new Apple darkside.

    Apple doesn't want Open simply because open means less control and bypassing their 30% embargo.

    HP needs to build and capitalize on Apple mistake. Give developer the open webOS where you can work with Palm and gain marketshare paying 30% and work and advertise on your own and keep 100% of your sales. Sounds like a great reason to develop for webOS. Sorli...
    Two problems with that.

    1) You're still free to publish and distribute OS X applications yourself and bypass the Mac App Store completely.

    2) OS X and WebOS aren't in the same market.

Posting Permissions