Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    The general manner in which people to respond on the Pre forum is very civilized. But all the Android fan boys are worse the Apple geeks.
    Civilized, you say?

    Anyway, I say your very general and FUD-filled statement was deserving of the responses you got. As for the "specific problems" you're having with Android, well, had you started with that, you'd have probably gotten "specific answers".
  2. #62  
    I don't see how anyone responded aggressively to your post but I'll echo Mikah.

    I haven't had any of these issues. I can even show you a screenshot of my calender which has my added google calenders.

    Sorry brah.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Whats janky about the browser?

    Unless you are running the flash plugin as automatic. First thing i did was change it to on demand.

    The browser to me FLYS.
    Yeah I wanna know this too... I dont have a single problem on my evo browser.. Not a single checkerboard, flash, I couldnt be happier.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I don't see how anyone responded aggressively to your post but I'll echo Mikah.

    I haven't had any of these issues. I can even show you a screenshot of my calender which has my added google calenders.

    Sorry brah.
    Ditto for me. I prefer third party programs for mail, SMS and calendar, but the Android-included ones work just fine.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Silly insults aside, I've never gone through any of the issues you speak of partly because I don't do any of those things. I have no idea why "rooting" would solve any of these problems like your messaging app not supporting IM. It's well known that Android uses separate apps for GTalk/IM and SMS/MMS. Maybe that'll change at some point. Can't say it's meant much to me. Or "sending messages to the wrong contact". I've owned HTC and Samsung phones and used both the stock app and Handcent on each. Never had or even heard of that problem.

    Hope you find answers.
    Yeah I have to agree with you.. Ive never had any of those problems and ive owned a nexus and a evo and my girl left her pre for a evo and we dont have any of those issues... I have a sub calender for my 49ers schedule and I also have my personal google calendar and it works just fine.. As mentioned above the the im and sms being separated cant qualify as a issue lol Web os just was clever and put that in their os.. IoS doesnt have that feature, android doesnt have it and neither does windows 7 so its not technically an issue.. Maybe u had a faulty phone with the sms bug cuz ive never ever had that problem.. The correct contacts always get my messages stock app or handcent..
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    I jumped to an EVO about 2 weeks ago. I like the size of it, and hardware. But Android is just not as robust as WebOS. The stock calendar, messaging and email programs all have glitches. After a week of posting on Android Central it appears that everyone knows the problems exist. No one uses the stock apps. This is very different than the experience I was expecting.

    Bottom line, you cannot use an Android device without rooting.
    False, I have a perfectly stock evo and have no problems lol... Id say more pre users are patched then android users are rooted simply because its easier to do... Rooting is more difficult in some cases.Themes etc. can be done on android stock and yes I can prove it.. If u would like me too..
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    False, I have a perfectly stock evo and have no problems lol... Id say more pre users are patched then android users are rooted simply because its easier to do... Rooting is more difficult in some cases.
    I'd say a higher percentage of pre users are patched because it's easier and because it's a requirement of getting any sort of decent performance out of the device.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'd say a higher percentage of pre users are patched because it's easier and because it's a requirement of getting any sort of decent performance out of the device.
    A requirement ouch that hurts lol.. But yeah I would have to say more pre users are patched then android users are rooted.. They pack a punch out of the box as far as specs and being able to be customized.

    If I wanna change it up and look a little more like windows 7 done


    If I waana look stock android done




    All of that is stock no rooting necessary... I dont even feel the need to root truthfully. I did have to patch my pre up though...

    The pre has alot going for it though... I mean the notifications cant be beat... Ill take those over android anytime... But the hardware has to go, they need better marketing, etc...
    Last edited by youngzayiles; 10/27/2010 at 04:29 PM.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    A requirement ouch that hurts lol..
    Merely the truth whether it hurts or not doesn't change reality.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions