1.    #1  
    This is the phone my daughter is using right now. Have messed with it a little and it's OK, don't really like the Android OS.

What I really find is that the horizontal slider and landscape keyboard are very akward and difficult to type on (at least for me). I assume the Epic would be the same as it has a similar design.

Anyone else besides me find the landscape keyboard much more clumsy and difficult to use compared to the portrait keyboards of the Pre, Pixi, Treo, BB, etc. ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I HATE landscape keyboards.

Virtual and physical.
    Yea, I agree. The Pre keyboard is slightly better then that of a slider. Although I do hate how small it is.

But I find virtual landscape usually fairly good. Plus swype-type keyboards on Android beats both.
    I used to be physical keyboards only type of person....but while typing on a physical keyboard feels better.

I can def. type faster on a virtual keyboard. As long as the keyboard has good autocorrection/multi-touch.

Wasn't a HUGE fan of swype myself, but i think it depends a lot on your writing style. I think i use slang often and would find myself having to go back to correct things alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I used to be physical keyboards only type of person....but while typing on a physical keyboard feels better.

I can def. type faster on a virtual keyboard. As long as the keyboard has good autocorrection/multi-touch.

Wasn't a HUGE fan of swype myself, but i think it depends a lot on your writing style. I think i use slang often and would find myself having to go back to correct things alot.
    Yea...I do the same. I been trying out shapewriter and like it better then Swype. You can add words to the dictionary. Its not as predictive as Swype is but being able to add words and the layout is better. I will likely be using this one for a while.

The only virtual I had was the Evo and I found myself hitting v or b instead of the space bar. So it was a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeko318 View Post
    Yea...I do the same. I been trying out shapewriter and like it better then Swype. You can add words to the dictionary. Its not as predictive as Swype is but being able to add words and the layout is better. I will likely be using this one for a while.

The only virtual I had was the Evo and I found myself hitting v or b instead of the space bar. So it was a pain.
    On my Evo right now i'm using Swiftkey. I like it and kinda get annoyed at it the same time, but its been good so far.

But probably the best keyboard i used on my Evo was the Droid X's keyboard. I think it has a force close issue on rooted Froyo evo's but i could FLY on that keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    On my Evo right now i'm using Swiftkey. I like it and kinda get annoyed at it the same time, but its been good so far...
    I am also using SwiftKey and really liking it. They are improving it so rapidly right now. The next release should bring several more great features out of beta.

SwiftKey is very receptive to feedback in their forums:
    Suggestions and improvement ideas / Discussion Area - SwiftKey Support