Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 232
  1. #101  
    I am not sure where HP ever called it a next gen phone.

    The pre2 has the same cpu speed and ram as all the unreleased windows phone 7 phones, so are they "last gen"?
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Pre Redeux reminds me of a song:

    This old Palm he played me he played nick nack on my Pre with a nick nack patty wack give a dog a bone this old phone never came rolling home.
    Oh my. that was funny.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post

    ...I fully understand this phone was already in the works by Palm when they were bought. What I am upset about is that HP is giving the finger to all of the Sprint users who make up the vast majority of US Pre users.

    I personally would not upgrade to this phone even if it came to Sprint. However, I would like the OPTION.

    Also, not telling us when WebOS 2.0 is coming out (besides "in the coming months") is infuriating since Frenchies will have it three days from now. Then, I go onto Palm's Facebook page and post a comment about why Sprint is not getting some love, and I get the most <angry> post ever back from them, which has now been posted on the PC.net front page. If this phone is merely a stopgap, why only release it to Verizon, who already had the Pre Plus? And, they had to know that this announcement would infuriate their Sprint users, so why not show us some love?

    Tell us when WebOS 2.0 is coming out to us and that it will run on the Pre/Pixi, and/or make a veiled announcement about another device coming soon that will be released on Sprint so that we don't feel like we are being kicked in the gonads by the company that has made the operating system we love.
    +1. Well said. By the time Sprint gets the phone, it will be code named project "Blue Ball."

    Back to business: From a business POV, HP could sell more Pre 2's if they also included Sprint, giving more money to HP to finance future versions of Web OS phones. As jmartino has summed up, yes, having U.S. users to wait for Web OS 2 for a few more months is just crazy, considering that current Sprint owners now have outdated hardware. My Palm Pixi on Sprint is just too slow, so I have to love to live with it.

    If HP wants to build momentum quickly for WebOS 2.0, give cell phone companies a choice, release the new Pre hardware simultaneously in all world markets and keep the buzz buzzing so when Comdex hits with the latest phones, they've already hit the ground running. Gradually increase that market share, baby! We're not expecting miracles, but every little step helps. Seriously, this is marketing 101.

    Oh, and adding a Micro SD cardslot to the Pre 2 could have been the least HP could do to make this stop-gap release more palatable.
  4. brendu's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    I personally would not upgrade to this phone even if it came to Sprint.
    maybe THATS why HP and or sprint passed up on it. I have seen dozens of people saying that same thing... HP and sprint know palm users want something more than an upgraded pre, and they know non palm users need more than this to look at it over the evo/epic... Im pretty sure HP put this on verizon because they are trying to appeal to business users and I would be willing to bet the first set of commercials they put out for this phone push its business friendly side.

    Of course I have no idea what im talking about but this makes the most sense to me.
  5. #105  
    the only people that post negative comments on those types of threads are people trying to justify thair purchase.
  6. #106  
    Amazing what a difference of four months make. :P
  7. #107  
    Why in the world does anyone think HPalm isn't coming out with anything else soon? People are really acting like this is it and we're not going to get anything else from HP ever again. This isn't the best HP can do, this isn't the last webOS phone we're going to get. There will be more and better hardware, there will be other formfactors, and there will be superior phones in the very near future. Heck, they may very well get here before CDMA WP7 phones get here.

    Most Engadget commenters, and many on here as well, need to get a grip and realize that while this incremental upgrade is not for everyone, it does have a place and will sell, especially in a complimentary role to other handset.

    And is it really that bad? It has basically the same internals as the Droid X, does it not? The bad plastic is gone, and if the slider is solid, is this not comparable in most ways to everything else out there in every was except screen size? Screen size is a personal preference, and I'm certain we'll see other screen sizes available from HPalm very soon.

    Back away from the ledge.
  8. #108  
    another positive aspect with the pre 2...

    it's the best device in it's form factor.
  9. #109  
    Well, just as long HP/Palm keeps on developing webOS 2.x...the future looks great!
  10. Illadelph83's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #110  
    I have a Pre but I moved on to the Evo and when I saw the Pre2 my initial reaction was FAIL. But the reason I still come to this forum is because some members make really good points and now I don't see the Pre2 as a fail. IF, and its a big IF HP/Palm have something up their sleeve as far as a flagship device for webOS2.0 it only makes sense to try to get as many people interested in the OS as they can. I believe the Pre2 can do that.

    I remember when the Android OS first dropped on the G1. I hated that phone, so clunky and unappealing.I laughed at it while I showed off my Pre and now look where Android is. I think the Pre2 is better suited to garner interest than most starter phones. I think this CES will be very interesting, Palm and their announcements countering what will probably be an unveiling of Android's Gingerbread. We'll see who's getting my upgrade in June.
  11. #111  
    Most of bad comments are related to small form factor. I can dig those comments at Engadget, but I cant understand it here at Precentral, a community of people that own this f****** phone. So whiners, have you seen a damn phone before you bought it? I thought its small size and slide out keyboard was among major reasons to buy this phone. So stop bashing its form factor just because you have compulsive urge to buy new stuff. Next time suite your needs with right choice.
    Pre2 have more than decent specs and distinctive form factor. Would it be DOA will depend only on marketing.
  12. #112  
    HP made a bad decision here.

    The thought process was more than likely to get a new handset out to at least have some sort of exposure during the holiday season. However, in this world of mobile, either you bring the A game, or you don't come to play.

    Launching a mediocre handset, that looks and awful lot like the shoddy original Pre isn't a smart move.

    I'm not going to say that this is going to "kill" their chances, but they've just succeeded in making things quite a bit tougher for themselves. HP had a real opportunity here to revamp the OS, and release some killer hardware to relaunch the platform. Obviously, this is what they will do @ CES.

    The release of this handset has just raised the stakes on the type of splash they need to make.

    Either they hit a grand slam, or the future of WebOS will be left to second tier handsets, second tier tablets and printers.
  13. JKeigh's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    the only people that post negative comments on those types of threads are people trying to justify thair purchase.
    I agree with this. And I would bet most of them have never tried WebOS; some probably don't even know what it is.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    the only people that post negative comments on those types of threads are people trying to justify thair purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by SydK View Post
    I agree with this. And I would bet most of them have never tried WebOS; some probably don't even know what it is.
    Really guys?

    I mean, yeah the majority of users haven't tried Webos but for good reason...if the hardware doesn't attract you the software is pretty much irrelevant.

    Just because they don't have anything positive to say about the Pre 2 doesn't mean that they're trying to justify their purchase.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Really guys?

    I mean, yeah the majority of users haven't tried Webos but for good reason...if the hardware doesn't attract you the software is pretty much irrelevant.

    Just because they don't have anything positive to say about the Pre 2 doesn't mean that they're trying to justify their purchase.
    You are right, "if the hardware doesn't attract you the software is pretty much irrelevant." But what would prompt someone to go out of their way to post comments like they are? Maybe "justify their purchase" is incorrect, but they are defiantly pumping their own egos. There is nothing spec wise that the Pre2 is lacking except for possibly a larger screen and front facing camera. Both of which are up to user preference, but neither makes a device a matter of fact fail as has been preached. Larger screen could be nice but there are some losses that come with that. I often use the Pre one handed and it fits well in my pocket so I really don't know how much bigger the screen can get before you start loosing something in a trade off. Heck, my friend last night was beating his chest about his new Android phone (was a Sprint Pre user) to another friend with an iPhone stating his Android has a 1GHz CPU and that anything less is **** .... I'm not sure what the iPhone 4 has, but the Pre2 is right in line with that. So what is the big deal??? So, what makes the Pre2 a P.O.S., D.O.A device as everyone is stating on the Engadget page with such authority? Nothing.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    You are right, "if the hardware doesn't attract you the software is pretty much irrelevant." But what would prompt someone to go out of their way to post comments like they are? Maybe "justify their purchase" is incorrect, but they are defiantly pumping their own egos. There is nothing spec wise that the Pre2 is lacking except for possibly a larger screen and front facing camera. Both of which are up to user preference, but neither makes a device a matter of fact fail as has been preached. Larger screen could be nice but there are some losses that come with that. I often use the Pre one handed and it fits well in my pocket so I really don't know how much bigger the screen can get before you start loosing something in a trade off. Heck, my friend last night was beating his chest about his new Android phone (was a Sprint Pre user) to another friend with an iPhone stating his Android has a 1GHz CPU and that anything less is **** .... I'm not sure what the iPhone 4 has, but the Pre2 is right in line with that. So what is the big deal??? So, what makes the Pre2 a P.O.S., D.O.A device as everyone is stating on the Engadget page with such authority? Nothing.
    Well it gives you a gauge of what the masses think. And the fact is, it matters what they think. It sucks sometimes, but it matters.

    I think the reason they choose to comment is the reason anyone does, to give their opinion.
    They may be choosing to be bigger ***** about it but it's still their opinion [and the opinion of a lottttt of reviewers and smartphone buyers].

    Your comment on the specs can be responded to this way:
    Yes, the android phones and iPhone 4 have similar specs but they've also been released for [when the Pre 2 finally hits shelves] six months.
    [By the way, blackberry is just a different monster altogether which is why it's not mentioned here]

    When you're trying to "unseat" or at least grow in this industry you have to "wow" customers [and do it first] not try to play keep up half a year later.

    By the time this is released Android makers will be talking about their dual cores etc
  17. #117  
    The "masses" don't even know all of the story. They were thinking the Pre 2 is the "mansion" phone (I bet 90% of them don't know what that is) and so they can try to flame all of us but really they are the ones who look stupid.

    I'm not disappointed with the Pre2 because it is what it is, the Pre, #2. Seeing it was in the plan of Palm not HP.

    I'll wait til HP release their first WebOS phone and then we can see how quiet the mass gets.
    Sprint Love
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    The "masses" don't even know all of the story.
    That's not a requirement for the masses.


    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    They were thinking the Pre 2 is the "mansion" phone (I bet 90% of them don't know what that is) and so they can try to flame all of us but really they are the ones who look stupid.
    But that's the point. The masses are expecting a phone that "wows" them and they haven't received that yet.
    And who knows how long it will take.

    There's no real situation to compare, when it comes to the smartphone industry, to what the Palm situation is otherwise I would give you a for instance.

    The only way to say it is.. to play catch up half a year after everyone has released phones that still will dwarf this...when you're trying to gain market share...is foolish. Ask any analyst.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    There's no real situation to compare, when it comes to the smartphone industry, to what the Palm situation is otherwise I would give you a for instance.
    This comes to mind...



    I just can't figure out if Palm is Charlie Brown, Lucy, or the ball.
  20. #120  
    I think all the Pre owners with sprint should suck it up and move to a real phone like the Evo 4g.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions