1.    #1  
    I'm a Pre guy,but this is just great!! What the band use their iPhones as instruments on the video part of this post:

Rockin' with the iPhone
    The really interesting thing about this is that it is not unique for the platform. I see many things like this cropping up where someone does something interesting and creative that you would never think possible with an iDevice. I almost never see this sort of thing on any other platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    The really interesting thing about this is that it is not unique for the platform. I see many things like this cropping up where someone does something interesting and creative that you would never think possible with an iDevice. I almost never see this sort of thing on any other platform.
    But, but, but, the Pre has the best OS. We have true multi-tasking... LOL!!
    I would argue that you find more gimmicky stuff like this with iPhone because it is an inherently more ostentatious device.

Kind of like the girl who billed herself as the iPad DJ, yet used a mixer and a laptop to make her dual iPad setup feasible.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I would argue that you find more gimmicky stuff like this with iPhone because it is an inherently more ostentatious device.
    What you call gimmicky, others might call creative. But, please explain how the iPhone is inherently more ostentatious.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    What you call gimmicky, others might call creative. But, please explain how the iPhone is inherently more ostentatious.
    Well, there's the matter of the oversized logo on the back of iPhone....
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Well, there's the matter of the oversized logo on the back of iPhone....
    So many iPhones are in cases, I'm surprised you noticed it. Hmmm. the logo makes the iPhone ostentatious. What about the truly obnoxious "DROID!" sound that the Droid makes? Honestly, iDevices have such minimalist industrial design, you would be hard pressed to come up with smooth more understated.

Beautiful industrial design does not equal ostentation. You might want to let that on go. ...But I know you won't.
    The minimalist design only accentuates the tackiness of the glowing or etched logo in the back. I say the same about Vaio laptops and several other brands. I bought the product...I don't need to become an unpaid advertiser.

But they have the most obnoxious cell phone logo placement I know of.

It's funny that you equate that to a sound that can be - and often is - removed with the adjustment of one setting.