Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Amazon.com: HTC EVO 4G Android Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories

    In case anyone was in the market. Not sure how long this deal will last.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Amazon.com: HTC EVO 4G Android Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories

    In case anyone was in the market. Not sure how long this deal will last.
    If it was upgrade price It would be mine.
    I tried talking them into giving it to me at that price for my upgrade but no deal! (sprint that is)
  3. #3  
    Yeah? But wait til Palm launches their "mid level" device at 149. Or is that at 50 dollars? I never can tell anymore. But i'm sure there's a mid level range to market right?
  4. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #4  
    I just called and the $99 is for new lines only, early upgrade doesn not apply
  5. #5  
    That was fast. The EVO just launched this summer. I thought those phones were selling like hotcakes. Why start doing such deep discounts so soon?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    That was fast. The EVO just launched this summer. I thought those phones were selling like hotcakes. Why start doing such deep discounts so soon?
    Sprint isn't doing the discount Amazon is as they want the activations cause they get paid pretty well for them.

    I like technology so I was going to give the evo a try if I could get it for 99. I'm not going to switch from my pre that I like for 199 though. haha.

    But they wouldn't give to me at that price as an upgrade so for new palm phone I await.!

    My pre at 1.2ghz is amazingly smooth I just we had some of the apps and my screen was a little bigger. I hope Palm comes out withsomething like the Dell Lightning(Venue Pro).
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    That was fast. The EVO just launched this summer. I thought those phones were selling like hotcakes. Why start doing such deep discounts so soon?
    Yeah just a 3rd party discount. GOtta convince people to buy it from you and not sprint or any other stores.


    Evo JUST became regularly in stock so nothing to do with sale numbers
  8. bdog421's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #8  
    That's a great price, but I was reading this morning the froyo update is being distributed for the epic4G and was just looking at amazon pricing and you guessed it the epic is also $99 bucks. I think the offer is only good till 10/18/10. I can't upgrade till nov 1st, so to bad for me. I'm still pretty sure I'll be able to find one for around $150, which is still a great price.

    edit; looks like this is also only available on new 2yr contract
    Last edited by bdog421; 10/15/2010 at 10:29 PM.
  9. #9  
    Amazon is not exactly an insignificant, third-party retailer. If they are selling it for $99, the phone is $99.

    It is like HTC saying the phone costs $1000 MSRP, and that is what you would pay if you buy direct from the manufacturer. Or, you can get it free with contract from our valued retail partners. How much does the phone cost, $1000, or free with contract?

    I contend that if Amazon is selling it for $99, then it is a $99 phone.
  10. crossdatrax's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #10  
    Unfortunately you cannot take advantage of this pricing if you are an existing Sprint customer. I tried to purchase 2 Epic's each with separate 450 minute Everything Data Plans and was denied by Amazon because I have an existing Family Share Plan. I am not trying to "add a line", but attempting to enter into 2 new and separate contracts......no dice!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Amazon is not exactly an insignificant, third-party retailer. If they are selling it for $99, the phone is $99.

    It is like HTC saying the phone costs $1000 MSRP, and that is what you would pay if you buy direct from the manufacturer. Or, you can get it free with contract from our valued retail partners. How much does the phone cost, $1000, or free with contract?

    I contend that if Amazon is selling it for $99, then it is a $99 phone.
    It ends on 10/18 though.

Posting Permissions