1.    #1  
    And its free! (ad supported)

http://www.androidcentral.com/angry-...android-market

The wait is over, and Angry Birds is now available -- immediately at GetJar, and later in the Android Market. Yes, the whole Angry Birds, with a boatload of levels to make for hours of lost productivity and battery-burning good time. We can't get enough of it, and neither can you.

Oh, and it's free. Ad-supported, actually, just like the version that Rovio started handing out on Thursday. A paid version will come later. The full e-mail from Rovio is after the break, and we'll update with Market links just as soon as it's in the Market. [GetJar]

Update: And GetJar is down. See what you guys did? Hope you're proud of yourselves.

ITS HERE. AND ITS FREE. After an extended period of beta testing, Rovio is proud to present Angry Birds for the Android platform. First of all, wed like to thank you for your patience.

Why is Angry Birds free on Android? We want to make Angry Birds available for as many people as possible. Previously, many people were experiencing problems in finding Angry Birds on Android Market, but now everybody can download the game on their device.

Angry Birds will run on second generation Android devices and upwards, with Android platform 1.6 or later. Your device needs to support OpenGL ES 2.0. QVGA display resolution is not supported currently, but we will add support for QVGA devices soon.

Angry Birds Android features mobile advertising. A future update will include the option to purchase and opt out of advertisements.

To get the game now, you can download Angry Birds on your device for free exclusively from GetJar (Page not found). It will soon be available on the Android Market and Motorola SHOP4APPS, free of charge as well.

We have worked long and hard to ensure that Angry Birds gives the best possible experience on Android, and we believe we have reached our goal. We welcome our fans to see for themselves and have fun playing Angry Birds!
    The servers are down right now but you can get it off their server. It will be on the market later (and also with a 99 cent version if you don't want ads)
    Yeah, the getjar site is really getting overloaded right now. I attempted to download it for the heck of it and the filename has 'lite' in it - a bit confusing, but explains why its free.

Edit: The full filename is AngryBirdsLite_1.3.5_lite_beta2.apk
    Last edited by jedicide; 10/15/2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedicide View Post
    Yeah, the getjar site is really getting overloaded right now. I attempted to download it for the heck of it and the filename has 'lite' in it - a bit confusing, but explains why its free.
    If it works the same as the webOS versions, the Lite version has more levels lol.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Ad-supported is pretty cool.

What resolution does it run at? Rovio put out an update for the iPhone version that bumped it up to 960x640 and it looks incredible.
  5.    #5  
    It runs at 800x480 (i'll assume it scales down the resolution for smaller screens). Looks great on my Evo. And it fully multi-tasks (you can back out into something else and it picks up where you left off). The beta did not do this.
    Awesome, thanks for checking!
    It's on the market now and is the full version (150 levels right now). I haven't see an ad yet though.

I hope they do the same thing for WebOS (and my Wife's Pixi). Free ad supported version... Seems smart as they should get more money that way, especially if they keep adding levels (making people play longer).

John
  8.    #8  
    The ad pops up on the bottom right of my screen every now and then while playing. They prob. make more money this way since its a continually stream of income the longer people play.
    hmmm. The consumer actually benefits from the android app catalogue being convoluted.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    hmmm. The consumer actually benefits from the android app catalogue being convoluted.
    ha so it appears.
    Wow, the Android market went angry birds crazy with reg/lite games, clock widget, active wallpapers, themes, walk through and mirror dl. Its good to have an Evo and Android and free apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If it works the same as the webOS versions, the Lite version has more levels lol.
    I don't understand. Is the AB port for wOS not the full version? The $.99 iP version has 11 levels, i think. What are you not getting for wOS, and is it the same price? Just curious. I just assumed it was all the same.