1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Hi,

While I'm an experienced smart-phone user I have never touched a Blackberry for more than a couple of seconds - however my other half is getting one and of course I'll have to provide the technical support

So what I want to know -

How is contact sync done? Now that hotmail is enabled for Exchange, can she use that with a blackberry or is there a better way or simply must it be done another way?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Hi,

While I'm an experienced smart-phone user I have never touched a Blackberry for more than a couple of seconds - however my other half is getting one and of course I'll have to provide the technical support

So what I want to know -

How is contact sync done? Now that hotmail is enabled for Exchange, can she use that with a blackberry or is there a better way or simply must it be done another way?
    you can sync with gmail or yahoo

or (if you have bes) exchange
    You might be better off asking these questions over at our sister site: Crackberry.com
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You might be better off asking these questions over at our sister site: Crackberry.com
    Thanks - Can I be honest? That site gave me a headache, it seems really poorly designed compared to here, the forums are squashed down the left-hand side making it hard to read.
    ^^ I just browsed over there to see what he was talking about....the adverts completely cramp the page. Not loving it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Thanks - Can I be honest? That site gave me a headache, it seems really poorly designed compared to here, the forums are squashed down the left-hand side making it hard to read.
    heres a quick sync guide i made for the bberry users in my co

https://docs.google.com/a/thinksmart...thkey=CKvU0ZsF

its really for people who have bberry and want to go to the cloud... but if you have the cloud and want to goto bberry just skip to the end of page 5
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/12/2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: file attachment added
    I see what you mean... suggestion withdrawn.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    heres a quick sync guide i made for the bberry users in my co

https://docs.google.com/a/thinksmart...thkey=CKvU0ZsF

its really for people who have bberry and want to go to the cloud... but if you have the cloud and want to goto bberry just skip to the end of page 5
    Thanks but that seems to be restricted to people in your company?
    Thanks but that seems to be restricted to people in your company?
    I was able to access it with no problem.. hmmmm...

I added the actual .pdf file to Sketch's post above for you to download.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/12/2010 at 02:55 PM.
    If you need google contacts sysnced you need to use Google Contacts app.

Otherwise you can move your contacts from windows/mac to the blackberry desktop software and sync that way.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    If you need google contacts sysnced you need to use Google Contacts app.

Otherwise you can move your contacts from windows/mac to the blackberry desktop software and sync that way.
    Cloud only for the missus - you don't have to use desktop software do you?
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I was able to access it with no problem.. hmmmm...

I added the actual .pdf file to Sketch's post above for you to download.

Great thanks!
    Thanks OP for bringing up the topic. I'm a diehard Palm Pre user, and was just told that my company's new IT policy includes blackberries exclusively for company use, and I won't be able to use my Pre anymore.

This thread should prove to be a good reference once they send me my blackberry.
    the bberry experiance is pretty easy to get used to... its ui , IMHO, Not saying this to knock bberry, is like a smartphone and dumbphone combined dunno how else to explain it.. but if you need internet than dont skimp on a curve get a curve 3g or a bold
    Cloud only for the missus - you don't have to use desktop software do you?
    Yeah, it works over the cloud just fine. Not as seemlessly but once you set the sync cycle on google sync you are all set.
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, this is all very helpful.
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    OK, so she's got a bold, the guide was really helpful but she wants to use hotmail rather than gmail...

Can she set that up directly on her blackberry or does she need to register for BIS (She is on three in the UK and they provide this) and add her hotmail account to that?